Teacher's Pet: The official discussion thread

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Hi-Ho :smile: ,fellow Henson fans and welcome to the officialy unofficial thread on Disney's "Teacher's Pet". Here you can talk about the show and the upcoming movie (due in for on the 16th and a soundtrack 3 days before).Here's my opinions. :wink:

Teacher's Pet the movie observasions
The previews are decent and the plot seems good too. It has something
to do with Pinocchio(check the backrounds of the ads- the puppet seems in pain). They're -quote- "poking fun" at the classic Disney musicals(all those early 90's Disney masterpieces)with all it's crazy,catchy songs. The animation really hasn't gone up much but they are taking advantage of lighting techniques(ie.heavy shading). But without the censors and with a bigger screen,creator/character designer Gary Baseman may take take advantage of this chance to showcase his artwork. Which besides Teacher's Pet and the Cranium board games, includes sick,twisted and wrong paintings that include abstract gore and nudity that are supposed to stand for something . I checked the site(which unsuprizingly is a flash site) and there is gonna be a character(one of the villan's experiments)with an eye hanging out.eeeew :embarrassed:

Teacher's Plot
The movie's plot is an extended version of "Muttamophisis" or EPISODE #1. Just like various other TV-to-Movie films. Here's a comparison between the plots.
DA SHOW
It's about a smart dog who wants to go to school.He dresses up like a boy in order to. Funny,jazzy musical numbers every once in a while! Pete Puma says:"A-heeeeeeee."
DA FILM
It's about a smart dog(still good ol' Nathan Lane) who wants to be a boy(that's changed).He dresses up like a boy so he can go to school...........LONG PAUSE.........Then he sees an ad for the evil scientist Dr.Ivan Krank(Kelsey Grammer), who turns animals into humans; but never really succeded, see Mosquito Girl and Alligator Boy(the one previosly mentioned with the dangling eye :embarrassed: )He goes with his family on vacation to Florida to get to him. Krank turns Spot into boy,forgets to calculate dog years,Spot a middle aged man,blah,blah,blah.... Musical number every who-knows-when!
Pete Puma says:"A whole lotta lumps!"

Well what do YOOOOU think?!

- :zany:

Mr.Penguin Leadready III

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
ummmm....Phil,you can move this to General Disscussion. :embarrassed: (you gotta get a smilie of a Muppet blushing,maybe Prarie Dawn).

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I like Teacher's Pet! Movie? cool! I wish I had toon disney to watch it on!

P

Philo and Gunge

sarah_yzma said:
I wish I had toon disney to watch it on!
Me too, I love "Teacher's Pet". We had some of Gary Baseman's art in our health classroom (one of them has a kid that looks like Lenord on it!).

The way you make it sound seems more like a 90-minute ad for Gary Baseman's art. I hope Baseman will be able to get a new television carrer. Maybe we could get a guy to dress up as Spot at the Disney-MGM Studios (hey, he fits well there!). At least it isn't:

TEACHER'S PET: THE LIVE-ACTION MOVIE!!!!!!

Featuring a realistic CGI Spot making his way through life as a puppy (hey, most live-action movies based on cartoons are set before the cartoon nowadays)!

Signing off.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Cool. And yeah, I was going for 90 minute ad :wink: . The new TV ad had a bunch of wierd/funny scenes and part of an original song that sounds like it'll
be called "Teacher's Pet". Yeah..... :concern: ....About Baseman, does anyone here really like his artwork? When I first saw Teacher's Pet, I had no idea who Gary Baseman was. Boy was I lucky. First I saw his work on Cranium. Then I saw one of his paintings in a book full of half-cartoony paintings for adults. But that wasn't bad. AND THEN I GET A DIRECT LINK TO HIS SITE AND FIRST THING I SEE-after a humorous loading screen-IS A PAINTING OF CAT HANGING LIKE A PINATA WITH A BLINDFOLDED MAN DRESSED IN RED ******* **** THE CATS ******* TO REVEAL IT'S****** ********!!!!
:eek: THAT'S NOT RIGHT! :eek:

........sorry I lost my cool there :big_grin:
Bye!

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Maybe I shouldn't have posted that.....Now I'm not getting any posts..... :smirk: :embarrassed: :eek:

P

Philo and Gunge

Mr.Penguin said:
AND THEN I GET A DIRECT LINK TO HIS SITE AND FIRST THING I SEE-after a humorous loading screen-IS A PAINTING OF CAT HANGING LIKE A PINATA WITH A BLINDFOLDED MAN DRESSED IN RED ******* **** THE CATS ******* TO REVEAL IT'S****** ********!!!!
:eek: THAT'S NOT RIGHT! :eek:

........sorry I lost my cool there :big_grin:
Bye!
Yeeeeaaaah, I saw that also. Crazy man that Gary Baseman. I can't wait to see "Teacher's Pet: The Movie".

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I saw an ad on TV for the movie, I probably won't see it in theatres, but I will make a point to see it sometime

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Credits

The movie dosen't look that great but I'll go see it because I love the show.
Here's the film credits. Thanks to The Big Cartoon Database for the credits and to TV Tome for character's full names.

Nathan Lane..........Spot/Scott Leadready III
Shaun Lemming.......Leonard Amadeus Helperman
David Odgen Steirs...Mr.Jolly
Jerry Stiler..............Prettyboy
Kelsey Grammer.......Dr.Ivan Krank
Wallace Shawn........Principal Crosby Strictler
Rob Paulsen............Ian Wazalowski (spelling?)
Mae Whitman..........Leslie
Lauren Tom.............Younghee
Debra Joe Rupp.......Mrs.Mary Lou Moria Angela Darling Helperman
Ken Swofford..........Officer White
Genie Ann Francis....Marcia
Paul Reubens..........Dennis
Timothy Stack........Daddy
David Maples..........Beefeater
Jay Thomas............Barry Anger
Pamela S. Aldon.......Trevor,Taylor and Tyler
Rosalyn Landor........The Blue Fairy
Estelle Harris...........Mrs.Boogin
Anthony Geary.........John
Megan Mullally..........Adele
Ellen Steinkeller........Little Girl

Created by Gary Baseman,Bill Steinkeller,Cheri Steinkeller
Directed by Timothy Bjorkland
Written by Bill and Cheri Steinkeller
Produced by Stephen Swofford
Executive Producers Gary Baseman,Bill and Cheri Steinkeller
Associate Producers Mendila Carrillo
Line Producer Micheal Karafilis
Songs by Randy Petersen,Kevin Quinn,Cheri Steinkeller,Peter Lurye,
Brian Woodbury
Music by Stephen James Tayler
Edited by Nancy Frazen
Art Director Gary Baseman
Supervisising Timing Director Mircea Mantta
Assitant Art Director Christina Long
Technical Director Andrew Schoentag
Unit Animation Director Dante Clemente
Sound Designer Ronald Eng
Character Designer Kim Roberson
Storyboard Revisions Kim Roberson
Storyboard Artists Fred Gonzales,Zac Moncreif, Celia Kendrick,Mellisa Suber, Alfred Gimeno and Ennio Torresan Jr.
"I Wanna Be a Boy (the Teacher's Pet theme)"
Written by Brian Woodbury, Peter Lurye
"A Boy Needs a Dog"
Written byRandy Petersen,Keven Quinn
"Take the Money,Run"
Written by Cheri Steinkeller,Randy Petersen and Kevin Quinn
Performed by Jack Sheldon
"I, Ivan Krank"
Written byCheri S.,Randy P. and Kevin Q.
"I'm Movin On"
Written by Cheri,Randy and Kevin
"I Wanna Be a Dog"
Written byBrian,Peter,Cheri,Randy and Kevin
Animation Produced by Toon City Animation(well,that explains alot)
Produced by Walt Disney Television Animation(that too)
Distrubuted by Buena Vista Distibutions

......Penguin....signing....off......(faints) :sleep: