1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - back on the big screen

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by MuppetDanny, Nov 7, 2003.

1. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

I just found this from dvddebate.com

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Gulp?

Really? is this going to be world wide?

Oh my.... goodness....

I have to buy tickets in advance!!! I love those Pizza eating dudes... and since the character's personalities are the same as the new series, there will be no doubt that this will be an even bigger success than the first time (a lot of us were confused when they differed from the original Cartoon series version...)

If this happens in the US, I'll be there opening day (unless it's Christmas, then the day or two after...) ¡Caliente!
  3. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

YAYNESS!!!!! Very much yayness, in fact!!!!

Good Heavens, I'm going to end spending all my money on TICKETS this December.....
  4. jediX

jediX Active Member

Er...I meant :)
  5. Amazing Mumford

Amazing Mumford New Member

That's awesome, but...

I'm assuming this is a UK-only deal. Other than the site you mentioned, I haven't seen anything else about it anywhere (except a few UK DVD sites). I'd think the marketing push would have gotten to some mainstream outlets by now.

That's too bad because I love it when they rerelease old movies in theaters--especially if it's something as nostalgic as the TMNT. Maybe someday...
  6. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

I hope this means worldwide. If not, hopefully they'll do something similar here. With figures and DVD's already in stores, it'd only make sense to introduce the turtles on the big screen to a new generation :)

Besides, re-issues of old films always do well.
  7. Thijs

Thijs Member

I wish the old cartoon was broadcasted again.
  8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

what does it mean by uncut and yea i sure hope it worldwide that would be well awsom. :)
  9. Drtooth

Couldn't agree more. We really need to see this in theaters again. The sequals are debateable, but the original TMNT Movie was absolutely breathtaking. And even for a film done on a small budget (If I am not mistaken they made it a budget film so they could get the Jim Henson Creature shop to do it).

Plus, the new cartoon is very similar to this movie, mainly the characters personalities, the Foot ninjas being humans instead of robots, and of course Casey Jones in every episode :crazy: ;). This film will be great to rerelease... I mean, a lot of the stuff out there otherwise is debateable...
  10. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

The third film, IMO, is the weakest. It is still alright, and loads better than most other sequels ou there, but is missing the "edge" that's so apparent in the first two.
  11. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

I think the second one was my favorite. I really liked that one. And Rocksteady and Bebop were so cute as babies! :p The first one was really good too, though. I don't remember much about the third, but Yoshi was a sweet kid.
    Erin
  12. Drtooth

I think that after the first one, they weren't as interresting. I actually found TMNT 3 for one dollar at a video store... at least I got my buck's worth. Pretty pointless odd plot.

Actually the second could have been way much better if it followed the comic book... in there, TCRI (the mutagen manufactureres) were actually alien Brains (which would soon inspire the character of Krang) trying to get home... of course if they did that, the budget would go through the roof!!!
  13. Thijs

Thijs Member

A Creature Shop Krang! Why not? :)

BTW, Erin, not Rock and Bebop were turned into babies, but Tokka and Rahzar.
  14. Drtooth

15. Thijs

Thijs Member

Shouldn't www.ninjaturtles.com get an award for best official site ever? If you look at henson.com, wich I visit maybe once a year, ninjaturtles.com so totally rocks! Hey Tooth, what do you think of the new cartoon? I recently downloaded some eps.
  16. Drtooth

I feel the new show is absolutely fabuolus! I'm going to start a new thread in the General Discussion....
  17. thefozz

thefozz New Member

so what's the story with the TMNT movie? Is it being re-released? I can't find any information on it anywhere.

I would be there in a heartbeat if I found it it was showing at one of my local theaters. That movie just rocked. I'm a little biased, because I grew up right in the middle of the initial TMNT craze, but I just watched the movie again last year, and I still thought it was really good.

It easily has to be the best live-action "action figure" movie of all-time. You could argue that the movies were inspired by the comics, but let's be realistic -- the cartoons and the toys were what made this happen. It falls a lot closer to the likes of the He-Man and Power Ranger movies than it does the X-Men or Batman movies, and no other movie that falls into the first category was as good as this. The sequels also pale in comparison to the original.
  18. Drtooth

I disagree... the cartoon and comics made the movie popular, but the movie is mostly based off the comic (with a few exceptions)

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/10/10.htm read it, and you'll see what I mean.

Besides, if it were based off the show, Krang would have been in it!

Besides, who says this isn't as good as Spiderman (or better than the Hulk) it was pretty tight! And they didn't even need no stinking computers.
  19. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

On dvddebate.com, says that Hong Kong Legends will be releasing the UNCUT version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on R2 DVD on April 5th '04

See ya
  20. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Why is this in the Fantasy Worlds thread, shouldn't it be in general dissucion, cause it doesn't have anything to do with Henson.