Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - back on the big screen

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I think the second one was my favorite. I really liked that one. And Rocksteady and Bebop were so cute as babies! :stick_out_tongue: The first one was really good too, though. I don't remember much about the third, but Yoshi was a sweet kid.
Erin

Drtooth

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
The third film, IMO, is the weakest. It is still alright, and loads better than most other sequels ou there, but is missing the "edge" that's so apparent in the first two.
I think that after the first one, they weren't as interresting. I actually found TMNT 3 for one dollar at a video store... at least I got my buck's worth. Pretty pointless odd plot.

Actually the second could have been way much better if it followed the comic book... in there, TCRI (the mutagen manufactureres) were actually alien Brains (which would soon inspire the character of Krang) trying to get home... of course if they did that, the budget would go through the roof!!!

Thijs

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I think that after the first one, they weren't as interresting. I actually found TMNT 3 for one dollar at a video store... at least I got my buck's worth. Pretty pointless odd plot.

Actually the second could have been way much better if it followed the comic book... in there, TCRI (the mutagen manufactureres) were actually alien Brains (which would soon inspire the character of Krang) trying to get home... of course if they did that, the budget would go through the roof!!!
A Creature Shop Krang! Why not? :smile:

BTW, Erin, not Rock and Bebop were turned into babies, but Tokka and Rahzar.

Thijs

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Yeah that would be cool... a Creature shop Krang... but

The Brain people, or Utroms are completely different... they inspired the character, though

more on it here http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/04/04.htm
Shouldn't www.ninjaturtles.com get an award for best official site ever? If you look at henson.com, wich I visit maybe once a year, ninjaturtles.com so totally rocks! Hey Tooth, what do you think of the new cartoon? I recently downloaded some eps.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I feel the new show is absolutely fabuolus! I'm going to start a new thread in the General Discussion....

thefozz

Reaction score
so what's the story with the TMNT movie? Is it being re-released? I can't find any information on it anywhere.

I would be there in a heartbeat if I found it it was showing at one of my local theaters. That movie just rocked. I'm a little biased, because I grew up right in the middle of the initial TMNT craze, but I just watched the movie again last year, and I still thought it was really good.

It easily has to be the best live-action "action figure" movie of all-time. You could argue that the movies were inspired by the comics, but let's be realistic -- the cartoons and the toys were what made this happen. It falls a lot closer to the likes of the He-Man and Power Ranger movies than it does the X-Men or Batman movies, and no other movie that falls into the first category was as good as this. The sequels also pale in comparison to the original.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I disagree... the cartoon and comics made the movie popular, but the movie is mostly based off the comic (with a few exceptions)

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/10/10.htm read it, and you'll see what I mean.

Besides, if it were based off the show, Krang would have been in it!

Besides, who says this isn't as good as Spiderman (or better than the Hulk) it was pretty tight! And they didn't even need no stinking computers.

dmx10101

Reaction score
Why is this in the Fantasy Worlds thread, shouldn't it be in general dissucion, cause it doesn't have anything to do with Henson.