Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

robodog

Reaction score
It's not a great film by any means, but it's the Turtles and I have a hard time hating anything Turtles related.

robodog

Reaction score
I've never seen it but I've heard it's pretty much cringeworthy. That and the Turtle Christmas video. Without seeing them I can't really judge them, but even if they were as bad as I heard I still couldn't hate them.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
From what I've seen of the Coming Out of Our Shells Tour, yeah it's silly, but it's fun for nostalgic purposes. It was nice to be reminded of a time when TMNT was everywhere. :smile:

And the show's not so subtle "just say no" message is still kind of inspiring today.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
There's a lot to cover here, so I'll break it up over a few posts and do it a very little at a time, lol.
First though, a question that's been bugging me for a while. Why is it that no one seems to like the 3rd movie? I mean yes, it was a random story that came out of nowhere, but I thought it was pretty good! A lot of juicy drama mixed with some humor! Maybe it wasn't perfect, and the scenes with those guys who were sent into the future to replace the turtles were weird, especially when Casey got involved lol, but the rest I thought was great!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Why is it that no one seems to like the 3rd movie? I mean yes, it was a random story that came out of nowhere, but I thought it was pretty good!
I think the idea behind the story was fine, I just didn't think the writers followed Screenwriting 101. It was sloppy and all over the place, typical of a sequel.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's a lot to cover here, so I'll break it up over a few posts and do it a very little at a time, lol.
First though, a question that's been bugging me for a while. Why is it that no one seems to like the 3rd movie? I mean yes, it was a random story that came out of nowhere, but I thought it was pretty good! A lot of juicy drama mixed with some humor! Maybe it wasn't perfect, and the scenes with those guys who were sent into the future to replace the turtles were weird, especially when Casey got involved lol, but the rest I thought was great!
I agree with herald. The script needed work. Having it come out when the Turtles were starting to get displaced in pop culture because of the other martial arts action teenager team that popped up at that time. But, storywise, it was a much better and stronger presence than the second film. The second was just a sloppy revenge plot with an at the moment pop star shoved in for no reason. They also wanted to hint at the comic's origin. The professor's chest plate would have opened up, and an Utrom was supposed to be revealed, but A) money... and B) the cartoon was popular at that point (which is why this movie was screwed up in the first place), and kids would have thought "Krang."

But Anything's better than what was leaked with the A-Bay-mination. It seems like his usual trolling people into a false sense of fan security with references and nuggets, before kicking them squarely in the you know where with his usual craptasticness.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I liked Coming Out of Their Shells as well, which I only just saw last year on youtube. Yes, a lot of it was kinda silly, but it was fun, and some of the songs were good. Pizza Power wasn't one of my favorites, I forget which ones I liked now, but it was still okay. I must say it was a lot better than the Christmas special, and even that was better than the other singalong for little kids they did!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, Pizza Power is the only song I really liked. The others were ehhh....

I saw the Christmas special. Don't watch the Christmas special. I keep reading how everyone thinks such and such killed their childhood (the most overused phrase on the net), but that pretty much did for me. And I refuse to say that otherwise.

Why didn't the real 1980's TMNT have a real Christmas special? That would get a lot of playback at my house. I missed my opportunity to get the 2k3 one.