Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Television CGI isn't going to be nearly as good as Pixar quality. The animation is quite an improvement over Jimmy Neutron, that's for sure. Watch some of the earlier JN cartoons, and you can see just a little strobing in between movements. My only issue with the animation is that the humans tend to look pretty stiff emotion-wise, while the turtles, Kraang, Splinter, and other mutants are quite a deal more expressive. I'd put the animation on par with (and I assume it's the same animation company as) Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomness. Not half as good as the theatrical films, but we're talking about a 90 minute movie that takes over the course of several years to make vs a weekly 30 minute cartoon series which takes just under a year and a half long production period that has to be outsourced. But I've seen worse television CGI. It's definitely improved since Reboot's day.

I kinda wish they did it in 2-D, though...just as long as it's not flash.

Hayley B

Reaction score
I understand what you mean.

*now switching to the new movie that they are making*

I heard it's coming out in 2014. I think they are just going to title it "Ninja Turtles".

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hopefully that one's not going to happen.

I'm incredibly disappointed they didn't Jimmy Neutron/Barnyard TMNT and have it premiere as a movie before it became a TV show. The was the plan at one point. I'd much rather a film based on this incarnation of TMNT than that ridiculous concept they had.

robodog

Reaction score
Well, last I heard they aren't going to make them aliens like they were going to at one point. I guess that's one good thing.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Well, last I heard they aren't going to make them aliens like they were going to at one point. I guess that's one good thing.
It is indeed. Alot of people complained about that. They were like "No! They were just four baby turtles that fell in the sewer!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
That would have defeated the purpose, and it would have been a terrible change. Saying "It's an ALIEN!" is a cheap shot. Now, that isn't to say the turtles weren't mutated by alien technology. In every universe, except for the movies (due to budget and confusions about Krang, that is) the turtles were always mutated by alien technology. The mutagen came from Krang in the 80's cartoon and the IDW comics and the Krangg in the new series, an accident with the Utroms in the 2k3 series and original comics. But the turtles were ALWAYS baby turtles.

That said, I don't want the movie to be a hideous wave of empty 1980's nostalgia and ironic Cowabungas. They need to go back and adapt the comic series with a different twist. I don't want this movie to play into the hands of those who think the turtles need to be exclusively from the 80's cartoon. If there's one thing that made Joel Schumacker's Batman films suck, it was the obsessive need to bring back as many elements of the 1960's series as possible (the portrayal of The Riddler by Jim Carrey doing a poor imitation of Frank Gorshin, especially Batman and Robin... even Mr. Freeze's German accent).

Hayley B

Reaction score
According to Roku. New episodes of TMNT have changed to January 25th . They must had listen to their impatiented fans that wanted a earlier date.

But it's also saying at 7pm.

Drtooth

Reaction score
According to Roku. New episodes of TMNT have changed to January 25th . They must had listen to their impatiented fans that wanted a earlier date.

But it's also saying at 7pm.
I tell yah... new cartoon fans are spoiled to some degree (other than the well over a year long wait for the second season of the new Scooby series, that is). I really remember Kid's WB's insufferable wait until a sweeps month for up to 3 new episodes to make 13 episodes last from September to May, and there was that one episode of every show they never managed to rerun. Now everyone flips if there's so much as a month break between episodes. It's easy to get impatient, though.

As far as the IDW comic forefront, there's going to be yet another 4 part micro-series focusing on each of the villains, starting with Krang. I kinda wish they did Mars Attacks TMNT, though. Maybe next time? I did like their Popeye and Real Ghostbusters issues, though.