*teenie* problem with kermit figure.

CrockAlley

Reaction score
I didn't notice this untill I let my figures "settle" on the shelf, but when Kermit is standing on his base, after a few days, he starts leaning forward. Kermit has a natural "hunch", but this contributes to my figure leaning forward, like, noticable, like in a bad way. I fix the problem by turning his feet in, which gives him a more up-right position, but now his feet look silly.

With such high quality figs, I hate to complain, but I was just wondering if any one else had this problem.

towels

Reaction score
Yeah, I have him sharing the base with Piggy, and it looks like he's about to sprint away from her. I think it's a problem with the fundamental design of frogs in that they aren't designed to stand up on their two spindly back legs.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Yup it is the same problem we all had with the WOS SIDESHOW BOB, them thin legs right under that little belly makes him a little top heavy.
If you are familiar with modifying your figures, you can CAREFULLY cut a little "V" out of the back of his knee, and then glue the leg so he appears to be bent at the knee.
I did this, and know have Kermit with his coffee cup sitting with his legs crossed on top of my monitor! That way we can share our morning coffee while I answer my email.

Joe

Reaction score
:smile: now I don't feel so bad, I thought I'd melted my Kermit (it's been very hot here for the past few days, and we have no A/C) he began to look a little like Quasimodo. :wink: I wiggled his legs around a little, and he seems to be back to normal, but I have him lying down on my desk now instead of standing.

CrockAlley

Reaction score
Yeah, I had to give Kermie a little "rest", too. Rotating his legs inward seems to work. He's not screamin', "Sactuary!" any time soon. Well, aside from how silly it makes his legs look...

towels

Reaction score
Is this likely to be a continual problem with future Kermies or is there some design thing we can bug Ken to do?

CrockAlley

Reaction score
Well, I assume Ken wouldn't want us to have inferior quality toys, so lets bug him.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by CrockAlley
Well, I assume Ken wouldn't want us to have inferior quality toys, so lets bug him.
Oh I think Ken is being bugged quite enough. Heck, answering Gorry's posts would practically be a full-time job :big_grin:
I vote we make him aware of this and let it go until a few months before the next Kermit.
BTW did anyone open a Tuxedo Kermit? Just curious if it has the same flaw.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Unfortunately, unless Henson decided to make their Kermit character differently, we are stuck with that leg design for all naked Kermit's. Thos teeny legs make it impossible to not get softer in heat.

The tux Kermit has thicker legs...you wont find that issue there.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Maybe Kermit's not supposed to stand. If you put him one way, it looks like he's doing push-ups...

(so we all have the Push-Up Kermit Exclusive)