Telephone cat

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not really a Muppet thing, but I just want to bring it up.

Does anyone remember an old cartoon sketch in which a gross green (according to my sister) cat is waiting outside a mouse hole and instead of a mouse, a ringing telphone pops out?

The cat chases the phone, and when it rings she stops and says something like "Tele-phowne, Tuh-ele-phowne"

Then she catches it and eats it and shakes when the phone rings. Anyone remember?

Drtooth

Reaction score
PLEASE!!! I FEEL LIKE SUCH A SCHNOOK!!! SOMEONE HAS GOT TO KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I've seen it!:

A cat, sort of purplish-green, is sleeping beside a mouse hole. A telephone comes out of it and hits him in the head, then "runs" off with the cat chasing it. When he finally catches it, the telephone rings, vibrating the cat, who picks up the receiver and says, "Meowww...telephone!". This routine repeats again, but the third time when the telephone runs off again the cat steps on the cord and drags the phone back. He picks up the phone and it rings. "Meowww...telephone!...GEOOWWMPP!!" The cat swallows the telephone, but it still rings, rustling the poor cat out of his senses!

Just wanted to relive the memory.:smile:

MIKEB97

Reaction score
I remember that one! That cat was so histerical!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a little late to respond to this, but I have been making fun of this sketch for so long. I just love that "TELE- PHOWNE!!!"