Tell me if this article isn't true...

Katzi428

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
I think they're joking.Although the "Cookie is sometimes food" thing might be true. I think Sesame Street is trying to show preschoolers that there are more healthier foods than cookies.
That's just my take on it.
(Oscar in anger management?Oh brother!! :rolleyes: )

DTF

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
I think they're joking.Although the "Cookie is sometimes food" thing might be true. I think Sesame Street is trying to show preschoolers that there are more healthier foods than cookies.
That's just my take on it.
(Oscar in anger management?Oh brother!! :rolleyes: )
OF course, because in the first weeks of SS, before they went on hiatus again with repeats, we saw at least 2 new shows where Cookie MOnster is eating cookies just like before. He did show more restraint than he might have w/the bird seed ones, but that's only b/c the focus of that street scene was on saving them for Granny Bird - who did share one with him once she got there, and he gobbled it up like usual.

I'm sad to say articles like this will be popping up for a while, and that this board will probably be filled with questions about it months or even *years* from now, much like rumors about other shows. The media hyped the "Cookie Monster eating healthier" this to death before the season, and everyone was scared, but the media was proved wrong once, they will be again.

Why? Because as Paul Harvey says, sadly "noise makes news." And the way the media has become, if there is no noise, they will make noise; usually just by exaggerating of course, though sometimes it's worse, actual twisting of facts.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Cookie Monster will be eating healthier, but he will not be giving up cookies...or the occasional object (as usual).

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
The Cookie Monster thing is true. However, when the author asks "What's next?" he goes into his fictionalized accounts of Oscar's antics. I found it to be quite amusing, especially the part about beating Snuffy into a coma after a debate about the letter S (wish it had been Elmo, though). It's all just a farce. In fact, I saw Oscar on "The Street" just today.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh, good grief. I didn't read the article in the beginning thinking it was another Healthy Foods Cookie Monster...

How could you honestly think that junk is real?

Jessica

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Oh, good grief. I didn't read the article in the beginning thinking it was another Healthy Foods Cookie Monster...

How could you honestly think that junk is real?
I saw this on Good Morning America a couple of weeks ago.

Drtooth

Reaction score
DTF said:
I'm sad to say articles like this will be popping up for a while, and that this board will probably be filled with questions about it months or even *years* from now, much like rumors about other shows. The media hyped the "Cookie Monster eating healthier" this to death before the season, and everyone was scared, but the media was proved wrong once, they will be again.

Why? Because as Paul Harvey says, sadly "noise makes news." And the way the media has become, if there is no noise, they will make noise; usually just by exaggerating of course, though sometimes it's worse, actual twisting of facts.
Exactly... and hasn't Cookie Monster been eating healthier since the early 80's? Yes... we'll see unfunny comedians making snide comments about this for a few more months, and die hard fans panicking and giving more "reasons" that SS has gone downhill (like the rest of television has been on consistantly high quality... you know with the unfunny comedians on SNL, the untalented writers on the Simpsons).

The problem is parental groups are always looking for ways to shift the blaime onto TV, and not bad parenting. the equation:

Kids are Obese= Kids like to eat junk food.... Kids like to eat junk food= Cookie Monster loves cookies so Cookie Monster likes Cookies= Kids are obese.

You know, the same reason they blaime gun violence on TV, not the fact that guns are so easy to get. :rolleyes: