Terminator in!

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I guess I figure that if Jesse Ventura can handle being a governor (as much as Garrison Keillor loathes him), Arnie can too.
lol...I guess you're right. However, as a former Minnesotan, I can tell you that Jesse Ventura's term was pretty much a fiasco. He made some popular moves the first few years, but then his celebrity status got old quickly and everyone realized he wasn't a good politician. Hopefully, Arnold will be more successful.

I think Arnold will be less controversial in terms of what he says and does. Still, it'll be interesting to see how Californians react when he goes off to film a movie while the state's problems go unsolved.

Luke

Reaction score
I have a feeling he'll be running for President in a couple of years time - i think it's funny as heck. He's married to a Kennedy too right ? LOL !

Splurge

Reaction score
Luke said:
I have a feeling he'll be running for President in a couple of years time - i think it's funny as heck. He's married to a Kennedy too right ? LOL !
Unless I'm mistaken, he can't run for president because he wasn't born in this country, even though he is currently a citizen.

Luke

Reaction score
So that means I can never be president of the USA either ? Jeez - thats come as a bit of a blow. I was kinda planning on a career change sometime in the future and the job looked like it had good perks.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Luke said:
So that means I can never be president of the USA either ? Jeez - thats come as a bit of a blow. I was kinda planning on a career change sometime in the future and the job looked like it had good perks.
And I would vote for ya, too, Luke, if it were possible.

...California. Sorry, all I can think about it is, "Finally! A place whose politics are a bigger joke than Louisiana's!" :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
The cynical response from young people online is puzzling, all the forums I go to(and trust me, theres a lot) are all racked by "Oh man, I feel sorry for California!", "ok, its officially the apocalyse", and "how lame!".

Am I missing something? Did we as Californians just elect OJ?

I mean sheesh.

I liked how his speach to the people remidned me of Kermit in TMM, talking about a dream. Vercy cool, and ever since he announced on Leno he was running, I knew he would win. Just all surreal.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I know he's especially concerned about kids and education. Erin
"It's NOT a TU-ma!"

heh heh

later
eric

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
"It's NOT a TU-ma!"

heh heh

later
eric
LOL! Oddly enough, that is probably the most quoted Arnie line in our house. I don't know why... :stick_out_tongue: I liked Kindergarten Cop. Thought it was pretty cute. I usually like him in the comedy-type movies; I can't deal with the action movies. Terminator gives me nightmares... :eek:
Erin