1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Terrible Rumor: Muppet*Vision 3D to close in DisneyLand California

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Muppet fan 123, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

Saw MV3D 3 times when I was in WDW about a week ago. Never had any problems seeing it and they weren't showing other movies. In Disneyland, how cool would it be if the S&W animatronics turned on by accident during another 3D film and started heckling it:)?

2. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Yes! she actually went in and it was showing MV3D! :)

3. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Anyone hear the rumor that the pre-show was going to be remade for Muppet Vision 3D. That's not going to happen, is it? I hope not, I thought the pre-show was great and I think it was one of the last times Richard Hunt performed Scooter.

4. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Most likely not happening. The only things I can see changing in the pre-show would be the removal of any and all references to Kodak, since Disney and Kodak severed their ties earlier this year.

5. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Oh no...I just read on Twitter that tomorrow will be MV3D's final day of operation at CA Adventure because rumor has it that it's gonna shut down for some Frozen attraction. Plus I also read that it's closure is listed on the calendar on Disneyland's website...

Again, oh no...:cry:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  6. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

This is reportedly a temporary closure for the season.

WalterLinz likes this.
  7. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Well, they're constantly using the theater for other events, so it's definetly closed for the holidays to host a Frozen attraction. Beyond that, it's unclear what the fate of the attraction will be, but it's currently temporary. Disney hasn't announced anything because they haven't decided what they're going to do with it after Frozen is done.

WalterLinz and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  8. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I wish I went on Muppet Vision 3D when I went to Disneyland, but sadly I was not a muppet fan the one time I went there.

9. WalterLinz

Oh I see...so it's pretty much closed for a Frozen screening/show or something, like back when the attraction shut down for little sneak preview screenings of Oz: The Great and Powerful and Frankenweenie a few years ago.:p

10. Muppet fan 123

This is different though. Frozen is taking over for the next couple of months at least, but this is more than a sneak-peek at something. Knowing how Disney shoves Frozen down our throats, this will likely stay.

Disneyland.com confirms the closure. The best we can hope for is that it's not permanent.
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disney-california-adventure/muppet-vision-3d/

WalterLinz likes this.
  11. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I assure you Disney wouldn't promote a property that consumers didn't want to see. There is no shoving going on. Just brilliant marketing and capitalism at play here and they'll do the same for Big Hero 6 soon and Age of Ultron next year. ;)

The official announcement was that this attraction was to be a temporary holiday measure. They could change their minds, but stating anything to the contrary is complete conjecture.

Muppet fan 123 and WalterLinz like this.
  12. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

RIP

http://www.toughpigs.com/mvision-closed-for-real/

The thing is, they said that the muppet props have been removed...wouldn't they have been removed either way because this is "temporarily" a Frozen attraction? I mean, just because props are being taken down, doesn't mean the entire attraction is gone for good...does it?

13. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

That stupid, annoying, overrated movie... :grr:

Muppet Master likes this.
  14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

People, chill! The Frozen stageshow is temporary, exactly that, temporary. MV3D will return next year when Disney has moved on to another darling little cash cow franchise they can pump for all the moneys they can squeeze out of it. To me, this seasonal repurposing is no less different than when DLR brings in the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion Holidays overlay each year. Besides, the MV3D in Orlando is still open for business year-round.

15. Muppet fan 123

I don't really know what to make of it. It sounds likely, but the skating rink info is right out of left field. It sounds so ridiculous and very un-Disneyland like.

Anyway, I have a source who informed me that the show is returning after the holidays, so you never know who to believe these days.

16. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

Agreed. Also one disney cast member doesn't mean it's true if anything it's a lie if I heard it from Disneyland itself yes I would believe it but one cast member nah. As The Count said Frozen is there cash cow they would do anything to make money from it and I don't blame them for doing this it's brilliant in a marketing aspect but will they replace Muppet Vision will it all year round no. Remember backlot tour just closed I sense a Permanent Frozen will be put there. Even the part about the ice rink sounds silly especially if it's all year round. I sense we will see the return of Muppet Vision sometime in March we should worry so much at a rumor.

17. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

It is sad to think that we could have had Gonzo's Pizza Place, and many more attractions at Disneyland, and temporarely Disneyland has not one muppet attraction.

sesamemuppetfan likes this.
  18. Muppet fan 123

I know. It's pretty sad. Eisner was crazy about getting out as much Muppets as possible, and it all would have happened if not for Jim's untimely death.

19. WalterLinz

Yeah...and the 2011 movie and MMW grasped a whole new generation of fans.:sympathy:

20. Muppet fan 123

Just wanted to make something clear: The fact that MV3D could be potentially closing does not mean death to the franchise. I'm sure more things are on the way. MV3D was never popular in Disneyland, and it never really fit..with 25 attractions, there are so many other attractions people would ride. It's still relatively popular at DHS, and for the sake of the attraction and the franchise at large, I think it desperately needs an update.

jvcarroll likes this.