Terrible Rumor: Muppet*Vision 3D to close in DisneyLand California

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Seriously... I can't believe Pixar gets so much hate from two movies when Sony Animation exists. I do respect them for hiring Genddy Tartikofsky, though. Too bad they don't let him and his old Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack friends write them.

Still... Cars 2. Really? They've made Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, or as I like to call it, Toriko for morons. And Hotel Transylvania was their magnum opus! I'm deathly afraid of what they're going to do with Popeye.
Time for this thread to steer way off topic.

I think the big thing here is the brand name recognition factor. Pixar has had 13 films that had major marketing campaigns that emphasized that they were Pixar films, had tons of box office and critical success and when they make two lesser films after that streak they had, of course the internet will be up in arms. Sony on the other hand, ignoring the two Aardman productions, doesn't play that up at all. Open Season wasn't the hugest hit, Surf's Up outright bombed, Cloudy and Hotel Transylvania were hits yes, but (I feel like I may be proven wrong) ads for neither movie played up "From the makers of Open Season" or a quote of the like. To the average moviegoer, Sony just makes electronics and aren't as completely aware they make feature animation as they could be.

OK, let's get back on topic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the big thing here is the brand name recognition factor. Pixar has had 13 films that had major marketing campaigns that emphasized that they were Pixar films, had tons of box office and critical success and when they make two lesser films after that streak they had, of course the internet will be up in arms.
That's the problem. Everyone's standards got too high and they become completely impossible to please. Then everything's awful and everything becomes an easy target. Cars 2 was a toy commercial (and, frankly, a sequel to a movie no one over the age of 8 liked anyway, who were surprised by how Saturday Morning Cartoony it was), Brave fell apart due to behind the scenes shenanigans. That doesn't mean the films the preceded it are now invalid. On the other hand, I'm absolutely shocked that Alpha and Omega has a legitimate fan base! (it should be obvious what kind of people liked it). Like I said before, an A Student's C is a tragedy, a D student's C is a cause for celebration.

But back to the topic, Pixar films are Disney's bread and butter. The Muppets made a decent amount of sleeper hit money (no thanks to the week after Thanksgiving box office slowdown), and if the sequel can manage to get even near the success of that Oz movie the beginning of last month (I still think they need to rethink the release date and push for one earlier in the month), it can really have the franchise take off. But still, no where near as much as Pixar films make (especially in merchandise, mainly because it's so hard to find, and they refuse to restock Muppet stuff). But that's no call to bulldoze down the attraction. Just buy up whatever land they need and put more Pixar stuff there (though, again, I can't imagine anything outside of Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Cars, and Nemo... an Up based ride would be fun, though) if they absolutely have to.

What I'm more concerned about is when Universal runs out of their license, what the Marvel presence in the park's going to be. That may be a sign of something closing.

And don't be hatin' on Marvel. DC's the comic company that needs scorn (cancellin' Young Justice and GL).

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
That's the problem. Everyone's standards got too high and they become completely impossible to please. Then everything's awful and everything becomes an easy target. Cars 2 was a toy commercial (and, frankly, a sequel to a movie no one over the age of 8 liked anyway, who were surprised by how Saturday Morning Cartoony it was), Brave fell apart due to behind the scenes shenanigans. That doesn't mean the films the preceded it are now invalid. On the other hand, I'm absolutely shocked that Alpha and Omega has a legitimate fan base! (it should be obvious what kind of people liked it). Like I said before, an A Student's C is a tragedy, a D student's C is a cause for celebration.
Y'know, for me personally, I've never thought of Pixar's first 11 films as invalid after Cars 2 and Brave. I still love those films despite what's come out in the last two years. But again, that's just how the internet is. And that's the first I'm hearing of an Alpha and Omega fan base.... and that people actually saw Alpha and Omega.

But back to the topic, Pixar films are Disney's bread and butter. The Muppets made a decent amount of sleeper hit money (no thanks to the week after Thanksgiving box office slowdown), and if the sequel can manage to get even near the success of that Oz movie the beginning of last month (I still think they need to rethink the release date and push for one earlier in the month), it can really have the franchise take off. But still, no where near as much as Pixar films make (especially in merchandise, mainly because it's so hard to find, and they refuse to restock Muppet stuff). But that's no call to bulldoze down the attraction. Just buy up whatever land they need and put more Pixar stuff there (though, again, I can't imagine anything outside of Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Cars, and Nemo... an Up based ride would be fun, though) if they absolutely have to.
Pixar's dominance in the parks however is what drives me crazy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But the fact that it seems like every new attraction Disney announces these days is based on a Pixar film, nothing against that but there should be a limit. And like I said, there's already a Monsters Inc ride right next to MuppetVision 3D that isn't even close to 10 years old yet. It's Hollywood, not Monsterwood.

Misskermie

Reaction score
NO! They're not allowed to remove it!
I've always wanted to go there and watch the show!
That's liable to ruin my disney experience!

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Don't listen to any of this hooey. It's already been proven that MiceAge/MiceChat is NOT a reliable source.

Al Lutz only made up this rumor again because he obviously hates the Muppets or at least the Muppet 3D attraction and has an agenda. :mad:

Drtooth

Reaction score
And that's the first I'm hearing of an Alpha and Omega fan base.... and that people actually saw Alpha and Omega.
I'm on this DA club that's... I don't know what it is, but every so often, users post A&O fan art, and I'm like... come on!!!! It must be furries that have a thing for wolves. There is virtually nothing else enjoyable about that film.

Don't listen to any of this hooey. It's already been proven that MiceAge/MiceChat is NOT a reliable source.

Al Lutz only made up this rumor again because he obviously hates the Muppets or at least the Muppet 3D attraction and has an agenda. :mad:
Is that the loser that once came to this site and trolled us about how he sorta kinda liked the Muppets at one point and basically just wanted them to fail at every turn? Seriously... people with TOO much time on their hands....

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
Awwwww I've never been to DL and I was looking forward to seeing that