Test Video

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I hate to shamelessly advertise, but I could use all the help I can get with this. So here's my first puppet video. Really nothing spectacular, just a mere test to see how things will look on camera. In the near future, I'm hoping to get a little more creative with video ideas (and hopefully build up the courage to give characters voices, and from there, actually develop a character).

Anyhow, I'm far from a professional, but I know that with enough years of practice, experience, etc. I can be. I did try my best to keep the puppet focused on the camera (I used a monitor for this), and I also tried to stay out of shot. Right now, I think my performance is a mixed bag of 'too stiff' and 'too filled with unnecesarry movements', but again I'm not a professional. So any comments, guidance, critiques, likes, whatever, feel free to give 'em out.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Something I forgot to mention, I had to use a webcam for this, as I don't have a camera. My screen had to be adjusted a certain way so that I could see what I was doing, and stay out of shot at the same time.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Pretty good!! Can't wait to hear your voices for your puppets! Are you planning on building your own characters? I'm excited to see more videos!!! YAAAY! :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Thanks. For now, no I'm probably not going to build any puppets. I'd like to, but I don't have as much time as I'd like. But the original builders of the puppets I'll be using will always get the credit they deserve.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Oh, I understand. Congrats for trying this out!!! I'm also trying to puppeteer. I have my own YouTube channel, which at this point, is as far as I can go. :smile:

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
Not bad, not bad at all! I love the end when he slinks down out of the shot, something about it made me laugh. (That's a pretty groovy puppet, by the way. What's it made of...?) :big_grin: I, too, am a puppeteer. I actually did this once; I made my moose puppet sing along to some Led Zeppelin song, I think. Anyways, thumbs up! :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Thanks. The sliding down actually wasn't intended (or at least wasn't supposed to have been included), but I'm glad it made you laugh. As for what it's made of, I'm not entirely sure myself. Though it seems to be the usual foam and fabric-type puppets (the fabric has a rougher look to it, sort of like early Kermit puppets).