"Tex" Henson

Klonoa

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this question is stupid. I don't know much about the Henson family and performers. Here's my question:

Did Jim Henson ever have a cousin or other relative named "Tex" Henson? I think his first name may have been William, but we all called him Tex.

I knew Tex when he was an elderly senior adult. He taught a class at a community college about cartooning. I took that class even though I was too young for it, but Tex let me take it anyway. I'm not sure what we were supposed to learn, all he did was sit and talk about the good old days. He was also a guest speaker at some cartoon conventions in Dallas (like A-Kon). I think he has passed away, though.

He told me he did work on a lot of old cartoons, here's a list I remember: Chip N Dale cartoons at Disney, Casper the Friendly Ghost at Famous, Rocky and Bullwinkle at Jay Ward, The Trix Rabbit early commecials, etc. The last thing he did before he retired (I think) was an Easter special called Easter Egg Morning.

Anyway, the reason why I ask if anyone knows if he was related to Jim Henson is that one time Tex said that he was Jim's cousin. :confused:

--Klonoa

Klonoa

Reaction score
Yeah I figured as much. I just did some research and found some articles. I knew that Tex had passed away but I didn't know he had died so suddenly like that. Too bad. Well, at any rate, a good lesson here is that if you know any senior adults, make sure to spend time with them and listen to them and enjoy them, because you'll miss them when they're gone.

http://www.deathfall.com/article.php?sid=1687

--Klonoa