Thank Gonzo!

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey gang,
I originally posted this at Palisades, so you can ignore the direct references to Ken and stuff, plus I suppose it could also belong in Classic Muppets. I guess I'll leave that to you, Phil. :wink:

Here goes:
Hey guys,
I just wanted to express my feelings of extreme gratitude toward our favorite little blue weirdo in a purple tux. For over the past week, now, I've been going through great troubles, mainly focused in my relationship with my girlfriend. We've been having serious issues to deal with, and as has happened before, in my life, I became depressed. Things have even more recently got even worse, though mainly for the sake of her future.

Throughout it all, I have heavily relied on the Muppets as my preferred escape. Even though some may question the legalities, I will admit to downloading a few TMS episodes to her computer, as I am an avid fan, yet have not seen nearly enough actual episodes. I discovered a lot of great new material, and thouroughly enjoyed it. In particularly, I found a clip on a webpage advertised at MC, featuring Gonzo singing the song, "Jamboree."

As Gonzo has always been my favorite Muppet, and I relate greatly to him, often feeling like a weirdo/outcast, I particularly enjoyed this focus on him, as well as the meaning behind the song, about not focusing on the negative in life, but making the best, with the help of your imagination. I soon expressed my appreciation for the clip, and was rewarded with another never-before-seen to me Gonzo song, "Down Memory Lane."

I also, of course, thouroughly enjoyed this, though I mainloy used Jamboree for the good part of the week, to ease my mind in times of tension and stress. I now have a new iBook G4, and enjoy both clips, very often.

Some may wonder why I'd post this here, on Palisades' board. Well, there's more. After waiting, in long anticipation, Series 5 of the Muppet line was released, and my long-desired Gonzo figure incarnation was released. I had no money or job, and wanted this to be something I could be proud of, having paid with my own, hard-earned money. After still no luck after a long while, I figured (no pun intended) that they'd be all sold, and I'd have missed out.

Well, in this time of turmoil, with support from my family, I threw away the pride, and let my mom take me to the store where I knew the weirdo was waiting. We went, and I initially saw a lone Janice on the wall, to my dismay. She looked great, but she's no Gonzo. For me, in this case, I could accept no substitutes.

I soon turned to the side wall of the Sam Goody, to discover several Pepes and Newsmans(?). I ran over, and quickly discovered a Gonzo, but quickly looked through to find 3 more, so I could go over their various paint flaws. I eventually picked up the best of the bunch, and headed to the register.

Once I got home and opened the box, I was able to finally appreciate this long-awaited joy. Ken, I cannot thank you and Jamie and everyone else involved in the creation of this very-perfect action figure. This is truly the representation of what action figures should be. Great likeness, basic character-appropriate outfit, perfectly appropriate accessories, and wonderful articulation that allows for great play value, without sacrificing the likeness. I want to apologize for all of the whining I did, but at the same time, maybe I don't. Perhaps it was obsessive Gonzo-maniacs such as myself who encouraged you guys to give us exactly what we wanted. If I didn't find the nose painted as I did, and be reminded of how close in color that nose is to how it was during the time of his wearing of that outfit, I might have still griped, but then again, maybe not.

I have been collecting action figures for a long time, and the Muppet line has become the obvious highlight of it all, since it started. Now, Gonzo has to be my absolute favorite of all of my action figures, totally representative of a character I've grown up with. I will treasure it for a good long time, especially as it helps bring me strength to face these tough times. Thank you all, once more. Keep up the great work. Can't wait until the TARGET exclusive, and hopefully the grey sweater-vest, too. Take care.

-Squigiman