1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Thank You, Jerry Nelson

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by BlueFrackle, Dec 12, 2002.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Mad Lil' Jerry

Mad Lil' Jerry New Member

Thanks a bunch... even for the lesser known characters,

Mini-me Jerry and the Monontones! You rock!

-MLJ

2. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

Me too.

Yay for Jerry!

My favourite characters are :sing: and :crazy:. Yay.
  3. CountVonCount

CountVonCount New Member

My man Jerry

AH AHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thank you Jerry, for creating my favorite character EVER !!!
    Count Von Count.
    He taught me to count in the 1970's, and at 32,I still love him today.
    I have 10 Count plush dolls I sleep with every night. That may be why my girlfriend broke up with me. Ha. I mean, Ah Ahh Ahhhh.
    We love ya man.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

She didn't deserve you if she couldn't let you indulge in your love of the Count!

There's a DJ here in town, Bad Dog, who does a magnificent Count, and Nate was cool enough to do it on the air one day (for me!)
  5. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Active Member

I love you, wherever you are, Jerry!!!!
  6. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I hafta put in my personal thanks to Jerry too! He's such and awesome performer! I love characters such as Crazy Harry, Lew Zealand, Robin, and Especially Floyd. But I also love his performance as the Ghost of Christmas Present in Muppet Christmas Carol. Simply wonderful! :sing: :crazy:
  7. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

I love Jerry's work all I can say is thank goodness he fell in with Bill Baird (and later Jim) all those years ago otherwise he might have just been...an actor!

The Count has got to be one of the best characters ever created for television. If I am near a TV when it's time for the number of the day I will stop whatever I am doing to watch the Count. I agree with Foz, though he has an incredible vocal range his work is deceptively simple, which is what makes it so great.
  8. Splurge

Splurge Member

Well, he is.... in a way. Aside from human cameos on Sesame Street and in the Muppet movies, his Muppeteering is a form of acting.
  9. Benjamina

Benjamina New Member

I'd have to say, Jerry, that you have an awesome talent and the Muppets would have been missing a little something with out your part in the team :sing: You have played a big role with the Muppets and we really do appreciate you! :crazy: Your awesome!!
  10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

WOOOOOOOOOO!!! For Jerry Nelson. Listen to the Muppet Radio and the song thats playing is "Our Meldey" Love Gobo and the rest of the characters: Floyd, Crazy Harry, Count Von Count, Herry Monster, Amazing Mumford, as well as his take over of..is it :boo: or :sleep: that he does now? I can't think. But I hope to see more of Jerry's Characters soon. I hope they use Jerry's characters on the new episodes on the street segments this year. I would love to see Amazing Mumford and Herry but like that will ever happen this year. But We love u here. Have a nice wonderful counting amazing day JERRY!
  11. teebs

teebs New Member

lol..I would have to agree.

Jerry is my favorite performer, and his characters invariably become my favorites. I love to listen to him sing. He can play anything from an adorable frog to a yodelling clam, and probably has. His vocal talents are incredible. Case in point: I saw a Sesame Street sketch where Ernie was listening to an exercise program on the radio. Jerry was the announcer and was using a voice that sounded like Albert Flan form The Muppet Show. Then the radio "changed programs" and once again the announcer was Jerry, but using his normal announcer voice. If I didn't know better, I would have thought it was two different people.

Thank you, Jerry, for all you've done! Keep up the great work!

:sing:
  12. leliebel

leliebel New Member

I loved him in muppet treasure island especially :D
  13. janicegroupie

janicegroupie New Member

My favorite character from SS is definitly the Count. I love the energy Jerry uses in performing him. Whenever I watch Batty Bat on the 25th anniversary special I totally get excited and into it. The Count has such an amazing, I don't know how to put it, but I guess energy about him and would not be the same with out Jerry. I love how much involvement he had in Fraggle Rock too. Like everyone I love Gobo but also Pa Gorg. I think his voice is awesome especially while singing. And of course Floyd. The Electric Mayhem wouldn't be the same with out him. He is definitly the hippest of the hip and is an amazing singer. I'd like to also mention that he really does a great job with every character he does and it's cool how he's given life to so many whatnot muppets. Jerry I just want to thank you so much for just being a totally awesome amazing performer and, from what it sounds like from people lucky enough to have met you, a great person!
  14. teebs

teebs New Member

That he is.

Here is another place you can all show your appreciation for Jerry:​
  15. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Jerry sent me an autograph in which he stated that he was inspired by the deceased Jack Elam (who played villains in old cowboy movies). :D
  16. Fozzie Bear

I met Jack Elam, and got an autographed photo of him in his long johns! HA!
  17. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Really? What was he like?
  18. Fozzie Bear

He was funny, polite, and cross-eyed.
  19. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

He and I have the same last name... it's not a common one. I dunno if we're related.
  20. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

Jerry Nelson the awesome one!

Jerry Nelson,is one of the truly remarkable puppeteers we've ever had.He can bend his voice in so many directions.He makes the scariest Muppets lovable.3 cheers for Jerry Nelson!! :cool: