Thanks Guys

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Phil, Cindy and everyone else involved, I just want to say a HUGE thank you for Muppet Central radio.
I have just been shifetd sideways in my job and am in a smallish room with tons of boxes and very little human contact but I am allowed to listen to the radio.
I start the day with MCR, then after lunch I change but usually end up the day listening to MCR again, much to the amusement of all my colleagues who happen upon me singing along
Jamie :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jamie,

Thanks for the feedback. Muppet Central Radio is a labor of love. Most of the music isn't available anywhere else (unless it is in print). Some new things will be rolling out this summer.

Since you are in the UK, I am curious. What speed is your connection... 28k, 56k, or higher? And what is realisticly your actual download speeds. For example, on 28k it might be 20-24k or on 56k it could be anywhere from 32-48k or so depending on the connection.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
goodness phil...get all technical! ya know one day you might scare people off talking like that!:eek:

Sarah

hehe i'm in a REALLY good mood today!

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Phil

Phil.
I think the modem is 28k, as for actual downlaod times i have no idea, sorry.

*More colleagues are stopping by now they know I have muppet music playing in here*

Jamie

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jamie,

Just out of curiosity, on a 28k modem across the ocean do you ever get any drop-outs when listening? Or is the music pretty constant most of the time?

(I would be greatly interested in hearing feedback from others who are on 28k modems as well. Please state your location, modem speed, and listening descriptions.)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jamie,

You're lucky. Allstate has the computers programmed so that we can't download sounds or internet radio or films.

:frown:

Wish there was a regular radio station like Muppet Central Radio.

FOZ:embarrassed:

Luke

Reaction score
I am on a 33.6k modem in London right now and just listened in - no problems as such here. I can listen for long periods of time without any break in service - only on very rare occasions will it stop for a second or two when the track changes over and the display refreshes the tracks. This is as long as i'm just listening to the radio and not doing anything else on the net of course otherwise it would stop and start a lot more.

Great stuff, i love MC Radio !

JamieDenny

Reaction score
PHIL,
On occasion it cuts out a bit, sometimes I cant get it to work at all, but usually it works after two or three trys.
Jamie