1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Thanksgiving at Muppet Central

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. It should be a great week for Muppet fans with everything going on. Many of you will be traveling the next few days to be with family and friends. We hope everyone travels safely and has a great holiday.

Check out the Thanksgiving menu which is up on the front page of the site. Once again kudos to Jamie for the great job!

2. Luke

Luke Active Member

Now thats what i call a Thanksgiving Menu - well done Jamie, i was totally blown away by it. Love the way the ship moves from person to person, and also all the cute little costumes, AND you got the Turkey. Fantastic stuff !

3. murgatoad

murgatoad New Member

That is indeed a clever concoction. Kudos all around. :)

4. radionate

radionate New Member

Way to go Jamie! Can't wait to see the Christmas stuff!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

5. jeremyactor

jeremyactor New Member

Hee hee.. I love the menu! Great work!

Jeremy

6. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Fantastic work as always, Jamie! Where on earth did you get those great pictures from? I can't remember any special or anything where they were dressed appropriately for Thanksgiving. Is it from a book maybe?

7. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Great work jamie! that was a surprize!

i think jamie created the costumes on the characters, and a fine job at that!

Zack)Rowlf the Dog.

8. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I'm still waiting to see what might be planed for April Fools.

9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanx y'all. I'm in Houston visiting with my family. Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Most of the costumes were drawn. Beaker is exaclty as he appeared in Muppet Treasure Island and Piggy is from a fab picture from Muppet Central's archives (thanks Phillip). Sam's hat was swapped out. The rest had some work done. I'm not completely satisfied with the menu, but these are intended to evolve each year.

This menu kicks off our seasonal menus. Check back next week for details, but there is some really fun stuff coming up. I'm really proud of it. :)

Can't wait. The special is only a few days away!

10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

11. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Hiya!

I mock everyone else here so far by saying:

Happy Thanksgiving

and

Jamie RULEZ!!

Why JHC doesn't just hire him for their websites, I dunno. I have a feeling that if they DID, their sites might actually WORK!

Friends of mine (oh, and me too) will be celebrating Thanksgiving Charlie BRown style: Toast, Popcorn, and Jelly Beans.

We're giving the turkey to the dog.

12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Will you be eating off of a Ping Pong table with the net pulled off?

I just thought it was weird in that special. It's november, and it's warm enough to eat outside. OLf course, around here that's weird. It's supposed to snow tomorrow, meaning I have to shovel, and have my back break. I'll probably be in the hospital, eating Turkey and Potatoes through a tube... just kidding.

I absolutely love the Thanksgiving menu, especially the use of Junior Gorg and Big Bird with Tuttle by his side. Groovey stuff.

13. Fozzie Bear

No ping-pong table. It's inside on a pool table instead.

I figured that the warmer weather might have been reminiscent of Santa Rosa CA where Schulz lived, but then again Schulz said that the land of "Peanuts" was never mentioned exactly what city they were in, and I do remember warmer weather during winter months that allowed us to go out in tee shirts and shorts, so who knows.

BTW, there's a new special coming out after A Charlie Brown Christmas this year, based on the scripts of the comic strips. Should be fun.

For me, anyhoo.

14. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

Great job, Jamie on the Thanksgiving-ified menu! That is so cool! I can't wait to see what you're fixin' to do for Christmas!

15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Kev-

As the resident Charlie Brown expert, could you clear something up? I thought there were to be no new specials after Shultz death. Does this new movie set the standard that there can be new specials if the stories come from the comic strips?

Oh, I wish Henson would hire me. Argh. Well, I'm still young so there is time. :)

16. Fozzie Bear

Hiya Jamiester!

Woo! I can't believe someone recognizes me as the resident Schulzologist!

Well, sir, I do know for a fact that the comic strips were stopped. Period.

Schulz was available prior to passing away for "It's the Pied Piper Charlie Brown" which isn't based on comic strips.

There were plans prior to his death to create more animated programs, which plans they may be carrying on now. I've not heard an official statement regarding the specials if they are based on comic strips only or not.

I guess I could e-mail out there, huh?

Doing thaaaat....NOW!

FOZ

17. radionate

radionate New Member

Sorry to get off the topic of how talented Jamie is (it's not like you don't hear it enough Jamie!) ;)

But I gotta question for Kev. What is this Pied Piper you speak of? Details would be great!

Also Kev, while I'm talking to you, swing by Target. They have tons of Peanuts Christmas stuff. I immediately thought of you. I saw lots of really great ornaments.

Okay, now back to get this topic back on Jamie. Hope you are having fun in Texas, but not two stepping! ;) (Jamie knows what I mean) Say hey to your Mom!

18. Fozzie Bear

RadioNate:

It was about 2 years ago that Pied Piper came out, and on video/dvd. There was a cool short at the end of it about Sparky.

Saw the Peanuts stuff, just broker'n all get-out right now.

FOZ

19. radionate

radionate New Member

You and me both buddy. I gotta find better wages soon, or I'm gonna be forced to deliever singing telegrams and lap dances!

20. Fozzie Bear

Let me know if you need to borrow my fuzzy nose glasses and rubber chicken!

FOZ