Thanksgiving Traditions

BEAR

Reaction score
Halloween is over and the holiday season officially begins. I can already smell the fresh pumpkin pie and warm apple cider on the stove. We are entering my absolute favorite time of the year.

What are some of your Thanksgiving traditions? Share them here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, here's how the dinners work with our family...

This year, my family has Thanksgiving dinner at our house, then my aunt will have Christmas dinner at her house. Next year, my aunt will have Thanksgiving at her house, and we'll have Christmas at our house, and well, you get the drill.

Every year, the day after Thanksgiving, the whole family goes to the movies.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I go to church with my parents in the morning and then I go to my fiance's grandparents in the afternoon for dinner. We celebrate birthday's too because there are a TON of November birthdays in my fiance's family and my birthday falls around then too!

janicegroupie

Reaction score
Normally I would go to Illinois with my parents and siblings to see some of my extended family. This year is my first year married though so we don't know who we're spending it with or how we'll figure that out since obviously we're both kinda partial to our own family. Maybe we'll be starting some new Thanksgiving traditions.:smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Ah the holiday season... the time of year that proves family get-togethers are the most overated tradition the world has to offer!!!:mad:
Don't get me wrong, I L:flirt:VE the holiday season, but I'm married now, so we can only be at one place at a time, and the guilt we're driven to from the family that we're not in attendance at? Thanksgiving my hiny! :rolleyes:
I love my family, I love the holiday season, I love tradition... but I hate having to sit through the journey-o'-guilt when I can't be at mom's for Christmas because I'm gonna' be there for Thanksgiving. Aye yie yie!!!!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Unfortunately,I'm not really looking forward to the holidays this year. Normally I look forward to them.But it'll be tough since my dad passed away in July.:frown: My mom,my sister & I will be going to a restaurant on Thanksgiving.And on Christmas Eve,the three of us are going to my friend's house.It won't be the same though.

F

furryredmonster

Every Thanksgiving we put up our X-mas tree... That's it... And I always end up eating corn and corn bread.. that's all.. Thanksgiving isn't my biggest holiday :smirk:

Erine81981

Reaction score
We have relatives and all over at the house for Thanksgiving. Play games and watch TV. One of the best things to do with family. And eat too. Couldn't forget about that.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
We generally sit around and wonder what on earth Thanksgiving enforces. Then I go and listen to some Madonna. So basically, it's any other night here :wink:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
As a kid,my family: parents,brother,dad's sister,my uncle and two cousins went over to my dad's parent's apartment for Thanksgiving dinner.My mom made dinner for a few years,then my ex-boyfriend did.I've been going over to spend Thanksgiving with my godbrother and his grandmother for the past 3 years.

*The End*