That singer sounds like a Muppet!

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Chris Rice does this song called "Cartoons" and in it he does an amazing Kermit imitation. I mean, it sounds just like him! :smile:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Heart does this song, called The Perfect Goodbye from Jupiter's Darling (their new one), I think the drummer's percussive noises sound exactly like :halo: ! Anyone know if Ben Smith likes :halo: ?

BJ

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
TravellingMatt said:
Actually, the guy who sang Mr. F's song on "The Letter People" sounds a bit like :wink: only a couple of octaves lower. Maybe Richard Hunt needed a little more money for rent that week and sang the song for that extra paycheck!
now that you mention it, that sounds right

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes when I listen to the radio or see them on TV, certain musicians sound like Muppets!
What singers sound like Muppets to you?
Well I can think of one singer I've heard a lot in London's West End who frequently has a tendency to sound just exactly like various Muppet characters, but in her case it's absolutely not surprising, because she is one of them anyway.

When I saw:
110 In The Shade, I thought that the character of Lizzie sounded a lot like Raisin in The Secret Life Of Toys.
While in Du Barry Was A Lady, (BBC Radio production) the title character sounded very like a combination of Sesame Street's Ethel Mermaid, and that fish singer that did 'I'm Gonna Catch Me Some Blues' on TMS.

While when it comes to recordings, I've noticed that on the OLC on Nunsense, the character of Sister Mary Amnesia sounds a lot like Annie Sue (except for when she's doing her Country and Western bit), las does the character Ginnie Romaine on the JAY/TER studio cast album of Stop The World I Want To Get Off....

But of course none of these examples count in answering your question. Given that the performer in question is a Muppet anyway.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
"Weird Al" Yankovic's "She Drives Like Crazy" sounds like :smile:
In this parody of "She Drives Me Crazy" Al is immitating the singer of "Fine Young Cannibals", and very well I may add (one of his best sound alikes). So if anything "She Drives Me Crazy" sounds like Kermit. And to add even more to this, Kermit and Piggy sang this song, "She Drives Me Crazy", on Kermit Un-Pigged, and it sounded very much like the original. I guess the Muppeteers heard the similarty to Kermit's voice and played off it in the album.