That Was Short

Saironi

Reaction score
One of my favorite episodes was when Gonzo revealed he had a crush on Piggy. It was funny seeing how obsessive of her as she was of Kermit he'd become, though in a somewhat wimpish way. I think they only refered to it twice more; when he fell in love with the guest star, and in the "Robin Hood" play where he played the sherif: He sits in her lap, says "kissy kissy", then seems like he gets to kiss her, her being tied up.

I wonder why they didn't make his obsession with her more of a running gag on the show. Surely it was just as funny as Piggy wanting to be with Kermit.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I always thought it was cute on Muppet Babies, but it seemed like it could get creepy on TMS. That would have been a love triangle of all sorts, actually, maybe a love square when you toss Camilla in the mix. I think the bottom line is that Gonzo is ladies man and is just too darn sexy for his own good, only no one else knows it.:concern:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the Julie Andrews episode, during Won't Somebody Dance With Me, he did try to dance with Miss Piggy, but he also tried to dance with two other girls, so he was really just desperate to dance with somebody.

In The Muppet Movie, when Miss Piggy suggested that she and Kermit have "a quiet dinner for two", Gonzo thinks Miss Piggy is talking about her (and Camillia is in the car at the time).

BEAR

Reaction score
I used to wonder why they never really carried out Gonzo's crush on Piggy outside of The Muppet Babies more. I agree that a triangle between him, Piggy and Kermit would have made things difficult and it would not have been the same show. It would have gotten in the way of Kermit and Gonzo's great friendship in all the Muppet movies. Also, we wouldn't have the wonderful love affair between Gonzo and Camilla. Gonzo has probably toned down a little in recent years, especially since Rizzo and Pepe started becoming more popular and acted out the provocative, but I think that he is responsible for adding much of the edginess in the earlier years of The Muppets. Gonzo always had a thing for chickens and pultry, but in honesty, he would have gone out with anything that breathed air. He was attracted to birds, cows, humans, a pig, plus several more. It just added to his weird charm and always through us off just a bit more as we tried to figure out exactly what his species was. He's a Whatever, so he will date whatever.

Saironi

Reaction score
Actually, he's a Frackle. I think they just came on that "species" because of his habbit of "changing girlfriends" so much. I'm surprised though that chickens are the only birds he hits on.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
In the Julie Andrews episode, during Won't Somebody Dance With Me, he did try to dance with Miss Piggy, but he also tried to dance with two other girls, so he was really just desperate to dance with somebody.

In The Muppet Movie, when Miss Piggy suggested that she and Kermit have "a quiet dinner for two", Gonzo thinks Miss Piggy is talking about her (and Camillia is in the car at the time).

I know, I felt bad for Camilla sometimes. In that same movie, he was eying other chickens at the fair.
Gonzo: Nice looking chickens!
Camilla: Bawk?
Gonzo: Oh, no offense, honey.

One of my favorite Gonzo moments was in Great Muppet Caper when they run into the 3 models in the elevator and he hit on the one girl "Ooh, hubba hubba!" and then all he takes pictures of at the fashion show were women's legs. He has quite the libido.:zany: