1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

The “What did you do today?” thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by AlittleMayhem, Oct 9, 2012.

1. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

It was fabulous. Some of the writing was a little flat and predictable, but man, what a great ride still. Kurt Russell was well-cast, and the cameo towards the end hilarious (I won't say who -- no spoilers).

Spent much of yesterday and today gardening, and right now I'm pretty sure I can feel every single bone in my wrists. Oww.

MikaelaMuppet and muppetgem like this.
  2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I listened to this really interesting episode of a podcast called You Must Remember This. It was all about the final years of Judy Garland, and how her death might have helped to set off the Stonewall riots. It's very sad but also extremely heartwarming :

newsmanfan and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  3. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I figured out some fan made HTF canon business that I'd never quite thought of before. This applies to the HTF fanon universe only:
    Giggles and Petunia are sisters. It all started when Giggles's brother Josh married Petunia's sister Stacey and got her pregnant with a litter of skunk chipmunk hybrids. So that technically makes Petunia:Giggles's sister in law. This makes sense if the fanmade episode of Stacey and Josh's marriage is considered canon. Which because of how the babies have shown up since then, I'd say they probably are. Crazy, huh!?
    [​IMG]
    After figuring that out:I totally got mind freaked!

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  4. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I'm working on burning all of my videos from this past year onto a disc and giving it to someone as a DVD gift for either Christmas or their birthday. But the problem is:there are so many freaking videos including some really long ones that I'd have to be a disc hoarder to be able to put them all onto the big screen. Well, I guess I'm going to have to stick to some favorites. Although, I'm definitely going to add some "deleted scenes" of skits that I didn't upload due to the inappropriate and or too soon nature of them.

If anybody is wondering, here are what these banned shorts were about. After reading about them, you could probably understand why I didn't want to post these. They are:
    -A short skit called Sabrina the Teenage B*tch - Not only was the title a little too mean, but also I didn't realize at the time that they had already done a skit with that title on Robot Chicken. This was before I became an avid Robot Chicken watcher, so I decided to scrap it due to fear of it being considered plagiarism.
    -A Fraggle Rock parody where Boober keeps getting bullied due to having the word "boob" in his name - I found the idea to be a little too mean spirited for me, being the huge Muppet fan I am, to make fun of a perfectly good Muppet character in that way.
    -An Earth Day special about Giggles cleaning up the pollution on the beach - I deleted it from my channel because of one cutaway scene that was a bit too sexual. I'm not going into detail because this is a family forum, but I can say this:It was a parody of James Cameron's already questionable film, Avatar.
    -Optimus Prime becoming the first transgender Transformer - Again, I didn't realize that they had already done a similar thing on Robot Chicken.
    -The Lion and the Bear scene from Teletubbies being set to rap music - I didn't hear it at first but after I listened closely to the song I used in the video, I realized that it used the word "n*gger" and decided that it would be a bit much to post a song with that type of lyrics.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    MikaelaMuppet and muppetgem like this.
  5. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I got up, fed the cat and told her Happy Birthday. Then my mom came over and I had a meltdown over something stupid (motion sickness from a game I play, and dissatisfaction with a headband I bought online). Then I spent a few hours with "I Love Lucy," traded "Beauty & The Beast" DVD's with my sister (she wanted one with the song "Human Again," whereas I'd prefer it if they didn't add the song in). My parents came over and set up my scanner because I couldn't get it working, scanned in the pages of a paper doll book I bought ("Victorian Cat Family"), watched "The Jim Henson Hour" on my phone, played on my iPad, watched some more "I Love Lucy," then I decided to come here and post the next installment of my Fraggle Rock fanfic, "The White Monster."

6. newsmanfan

A ton of boring stuff, like laundry and bathroom-cleaning and changing sheets and grocery shopping...but also watched the first 3 eps of "Braindead," which is brilliant, and will soon have a mudslide and another episode.

7. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I listened to the soundtracks from West Side Story and Seussical. I'm going to be working as a musician for a local theater company this summer, and they're performing these shows in July and August. It is an honor and pleasure for me to do this...there's nothing I love more than making music. :sing: :cool: :D :flirt: :halo:

8. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I changed my computer's desktop background yesterday.

9. newsmanfan

W00t! What will you be playing?

10. MikaelaMuppet

Graduation was really long and exhausting last night. I am just so glad that it's over.

newsmanfan likes this.
  11. newsmanfan

Congrats!

12. MikaelaMuppet

Thank you very much! There were plenty of pictures taken and I even got some gifts from my parents with one more possibly (hopefully) coming on the way from somebody very special to me.

newsmanfan likes this.
  13. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Ben Stiller is doing something incredibly awesome: he's bringing back DODGEBALL (as you guys know is one of my favorite movies) for a charity showdown between Globo Gym and Average Joe's, and if you make a donation to the Stiller Foundation, you get entries for a chance to win an opportunity to play in the game, for either team. I made a donation and also got an incentive (I chose an Average Joe's t-shirt), now all I have to do is wait for the announcements to be made in August.

I know I won't win, but it's still a fun opportunity I couldn't pass up anyway.

14. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Any Steely Dan fans out there? I watched this TV special from 2000 and it's pretty awesome. There's a tight rhythm section, a smooth horn section, and a smoking trio of backing singers (in more ways than one). Many hits like "Peg" and newer songs like "What a Shame About Me." Plus, some wry interviews from Donald Fagen and Walter Becker.

15. MikaelaMuppet

*raises hand* Me!

cjd874 likes this.
  16. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I showed my seven year old brother some episodes of Between the Lions. He said "This show makes me sad because it's so old."

Yesterday I went to a birthday party. That was fun. The first one i'd been to in about ten years.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  17. MikaelaMuppet

Ended up getting a teen facial from Elizabeth Grady, wireless earbuds, and an iTunes gift card which I gave to my dad because I am getting something else with the money instead.

18. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I'll be playing percussion instruments and keyboards for both shows. Sorry for the late reply, I meant to get back to you sooner. There are 22 musicians (including myself) in the West Side Story orchestra, and 13 for Seussical. It's going to be cramped, but fun nonetheless!

19. MikaelaMuppet

I didn't even know you even played keys! And what percussion instruments again?

20. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Too many to list here, but mostly Latin percussion and hand drums, triangle, tambourine, shakers, and cymbals. I'm practicing the vibraphone, xylophone, timpani, and bell parts on an electronic keyboard since there is no room for all of those instruments in our pit.

I've been a drummer and percussionist for over ten years, so I'm pretty comfortable with these parts. On the other hand, I've been playing keyboards for only about two years. I'm not Daniel Barenboim or Lang Lang by any stretch, but I think I can hold my own on simple things if I have enough time to practice.

West Side Story is full of contemporary jazz and Latin music ("Cool," "Mambo," and "America"), while Seussical contains whimsical pop, Latin grooves, folk ballads, and gospel ("Oh The Thinks You Can Think," "Amazing Mayzie," "Solla Sollew," and "Biggest Blame Fool"). In short, both musicals have MANY styles of music that each musician must be prepared to play for long periods of time. It's a lot of work, but totally worth it if you're into this kind of stuff.