1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The “What did you do today?” thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by AlittleMayhem, Oct 9, 2012.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

So you can't do some of those instruments by hand and you have to use a keyboard instead of the real things?

2. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Yes, but only because there's no space for actual timpani, vibes, and xylophones. A keyboard is much more compact.

3. MikaelaMuppet

That's how my high school's band is like. Same with the marching band I'm sure.

4. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Spent a day at the Grand Haven beach relaxin'.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  5. MikaelaMuppet

Contacted tech support all day. Not fun at all.

6. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Yesterday: wrote another chapter on a twisted puppet horror novel. Pleased with progress thus far. Today, worked a little OT...need to save up as we have several birthdays in the family this month.

7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Since it's Nostalgia Critic's 10th anniversary, I spent about nine hours binge watching my favorite episodes today: mostly pre-2013 episodes.

8. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I've been doing that on and off for the past couple days, except i've sprinkled in a few Nostalgia Chick videos as well.

9. D'Snowth

Never was a fan of her. Like Nostalgia Critic but less torture and more corpsing.

10. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

She's not quite as good, but her videos are at least pretty fun a lot of the time, and she gets her points across. The Critic is more laugh out loud hilarious, while Lindsay gets a chuckle for her dry wit.

11. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Bumping this thread to talk about the Henson exhibit in Greenwich, CT. I went there today and it is a fantastic exhibit! Not as high-profile or as expansive as the ones in New York, Seattle, etc. But still a great visit. It focuses mostly on the Hensons' work from 1960-1972.

Highlights include the following:
    • A dollhouse featured in a classic Sesame Street counting film (originally belonged to Lisa and Cheryl Henson, I believe)
    • A circus banner created by the Hensons
    • Rare paintings and drawings by Jim Henson
    • Original character concept sketches of the Amazing Mumford and Big Bird
    • Sesame Street-themed artwork by Jack Davis and Mike Smollin
    • A storyboard for Jim Henson's "12 Rocks" sketch from Sesame Street
    • An entire room dedicated to Jane Henson's handmade puppets, sculptures, and paintings
    • Classic SS merchandise including the sought-after Fisher-Price SS Little People playset
    • 2 TV screens playing various clips including a short film called "Run, Run" from 1965
    • Vinyl copies of the Frog Prince and the Muppet Alphabet Album
    • Five puppets on display: Kermit (sans collar, circa 1963), Grover, Robin the Frog, Oscar the Grouch, and Lefty the Salesman
    • A room for coloring and making your own monster puppet (geared towards children...there was a sketch of Gonzo by Dave Goelz and a drawing of Kermit by Joe Hennes from Tough Pigs!)

12. MikaelaMuppet

Do you live in CT?

cjd874 likes this.
  13. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I got to play with my parents' kitties.

14. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I had to help my mother move an old rocking chair out of her room, but my shelf with the Palisades Muppet action figures was a little bit in the way. So we took all the playsets off, and put the figures and accessories in cardboard boxes. Next we moved the shelf over and brought the chair downstairs. Then I spent the next two hours dusting, cleaning, and rearranging my entire Muppet action figure collection. (That was no easy task.)

15. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I finished another "Fraggle Rock" fanfic, and I'm trying to figure out how to start another one. I want to base the bulk of the story on a computer game series I like called "Dream Chronicles," but I'm having a little trouble starting the darn thing.

16. muppetgem

I just went to my mom's friend's wedding. I got to wear a nice dress that I got yesterday.

17. muppetgem

I just got my hair cut.

18. MikaelaMuppet

Went to an interview, dusted, and vacuumed.

19. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Honestly been watching season 3 of Supernatural on Netflix.

I got into the series a year ago, and I take breaks in between watching seasons since they do have a lot of episodes. I know alot of people say the show lost its charm but I'll worry about that when I think that happens.

20. D'Snowth

I went over to my aunt and uncle's house for a little while; they're getting ready to go on vacation this weekend and want me to house and petsit for them for a day before their regular housesitter is able to, so they wanted to go over their weenie dog's daily routine with me and everything, and help him get used to be spending time with him (because he usually only sees me at Christmas anyway).