The “What did you do today?” thread

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I did my good deed for the day and bought the lunch for some chick standing in line behind me. Granted, I have over 300 dollars that needs to be spent in two weeks but still

In your face karma gods!

........crap, I think I just made the karma gods mad...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We had some baby raccoons removed from the attic today, after they had been up there maybe a week or so (big fat momma was trapped the other day, but the pest control people just got the babies today)... cute lil' fellas they were, lol.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Today was a good day! Had a reasonably successful exhibition at college, which meant we could bunk off Location Drawing, got some work done, aced a talk in English and to celebrate, I watched Game of Thrones for the first time! Now I relatively know what all the fuss is about!

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I woke up at about 6:30 AM, walked and fed Skylar (my dog), ate granola for breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, baked some brownies (they were more cakey than brownie-like, interestingly enough), used the Internet for a couple of hours, mostly adding things to my Kindle wishlist, walked Skylar again, came home, fixed lunch (quinoa and black bean salad; food of the gods!), cleaned the kitchen again, deleted some stuff I seldom use from my Kindle, and now I'm on the computer again, diving my attention between web-surfing and making a grocery list for Friday, when I get paid. I'm already exhausted...

mo

Reaction score
Today in class we learnt about gender role stereotyping. I got really annoyed with this boy in my class who's a huge hypocrite, we looked at a bunch of women stereotypes and one of them was women can't drive very well and I said "I'm a woman and I can drive things pretty well." but then the boy said
"too bad it's a stereotype trolololol!" (I'm not kidding you he really says trolololol)
and than there was the stereotype men can't cook and he said "That's so not fair!"
I was just thinking through the whole lesson "seriously...SCREW YOU!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I've started putting my new ZippCast account to work today, and here's my thoughts on it compared to YouTube (and no, I didn't close my YT account).

Pros
- Videos uploads very quickly
- You can choose your own thumbnails
- You can request to have you videos featured on the homepage

Cons
- Remember when I said you can choose your own thumbnails? Yeah, that actually doesn't even work...
- You can't use certain characters, like apostrophes, and parenthesis in video titles
- Video playback is similar to oldschool YT: the quality is distorted and compressed (and stretched a little)

Course, I'm really only going to use ZippCast as a vehicle really.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I wish you good luck Snowth. Your videos at your Youtube account are awesome. :big_grin: