The “What did you do today?” thread

cjd874

Reaction score
Bumping this thread to talk about the Henson exhibit in Greenwich, CT. I went there today and it is a fantastic exhibit! Not as high-profile or as expansive as the ones in New York, Seattle, etc. But still a great visit. It focuses mostly on the Hensons' work from 1960-1972.

Highlights include the following:
  • A dollhouse featured in a classic Sesame Street counting film (originally belonged to Lisa and Cheryl Henson, I believe)
  • A circus banner created by the Hensons
  • Rare paintings and drawings by Jim Henson
  • Original character concept sketches of the Amazing Mumford and Big Bird
  • Sesame Street-themed artwork by Jack Davis and Mike Smollin
  • A storyboard for Jim Henson's "12 Rocks" sketch from Sesame Street
  • An entire room dedicated to Jane Henson's handmade puppets, sculptures, and paintings
  • Classic SS merchandise including the sought-after Fisher-Price SS Little People playset
  • 2 TV screens playing various clips including a short film called "Run, Run" from 1965
  • Vinyl copies of the Frog Prince and the Muppet Alphabet Album
  • Five puppets on display: Kermit (sans collar, circa 1963), Grover, Robin the Frog, Oscar the Grouch, and Lefty the Salesman
  • A room for coloring and making your own monster puppet (geared towards children...there was a sketch of Gonzo by Dave Goelz and a drawing of Kermit by Joe Hennes from Tough Pigs!)

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Bumping this thread to talk about the Henson exhibit in Greenwich, CT. I went there today and it is a fantastic exhibit! Not as high-profile or as expansive as the ones in New York, Seattle, etc. But still a great visit. It focuses mostly on the Hensons' work from 1960-1972.

Highlights include the following:
  • A dollhouse featured in a classic Sesame Street counting film (originally belonged to Lisa and Cheryl Henson, I believe)
  • A circus banner created by the Hensons
  • Rare paintings and drawings by Jim Henson
  • Original character concept sketches of the Amazing Mumford and Big Bird
  • Sesame Street-themed artwork by Jack Davis and Mike Smollin
  • A storyboard for Jim Henson's "12 Rocks" sketch from Sesame Street
  • An entire room dedicated to Jane Henson's handmade puppets, sculptures, and paintings
  • Classic SS merchandise including the sought-after Fisher-Price SS Little People playset
  • 2 TV screens playing various clips including a short film called "Run, Run" from 1965
  • Vinyl copies of the Frog Prince and the Muppet Alphabet Album
  • Five puppets on display: Kermit (sans collar, circa 1963), Grover, Robin the Frog, Oscar the Grouch, and Lefty the Salesman
  • A room for coloring and making your own monster puppet (geared towards children...there was a sketch of Gonzo by Dave Goelz and a drawing of Kermit by Joe Hennes from Tough Pigs!)
Do you live in CT?

cjd874

Reaction score
I had to help my mother move an old rocking chair out of her room, but my shelf with the Palisades Muppet action figures was a little bit in the way. So we took all the playsets off, and put the figures and accessories in cardboard boxes. Next we moved the shelf over and brought the chair downstairs. Then I spent the next two hours dusting, cleaning, and rearranging my entire Muppet action figure collection. (That was no easy task.)

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I finished another "Fraggle Rock" fanfic, and I'm trying to figure out how to start another one. I want to base the bulk of the story on a computer game series I like called "Dream Chronicles," but I'm having a little trouble starting the darn thing.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I just went to my mom's friend's wedding. I got to wear a nice dress that I got yesterday.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly been watching season 3 of Supernatural on Netflix.

I got into the series a year ago, and I take breaks in between watching seasons since they do have a lot of episodes. I know alot of people say the show lost its charm but I'll worry about that when I think that happens.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I went over to my aunt and uncle's house for a little while; they're getting ready to go on vacation this weekend and want me to house and petsit for them for a day before their regular housesitter is able to, so they wanted to go over their weenie dog's daily routine with me and everything, and help him get used to be spending time with him (because he usually only sees me at Christmas anyway).