1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The 10 Worst Muppets?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by bsumner, Jan 2, 2010.

1. J Waughtal

J Waughtal New Member

GGGGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUU!!!

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

aw they insulted poor scooter, and Janice ? I never found anything wrong with her. I like her , she is so down to earth. as for robin, who does by the way have some spotlight action in my fan fic flirtation waltz a Muppets love . which I'm still working on, I find him adorable . I don't understand why who ever did that article, has so much hate for him. bitter much ?

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Simply put, one cannot be a true Muppet fan and not like Scooter. Look at how much the board lights up when Scooter makes an appearance in anything.

This thing was written by someone in their late 20's that picked up a couple DVD's for nostalgia's sake.

4. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

Scooter is often funny when he announces things to the guests.

As for my list, I don't have one. :)

5. TheMuppetFan

TheMuppetFan Member

Here's a list of my top 10 worst Muppets.

10. Nobody
    9. Nobody
    8. Nobody
    7. Why am I still going?
    6. Nobody
    5. Nobody
    4. Nobody
    3. Why would anybody even make a top 10 worst Muppets list?
    2. Nobody
    1. media.gunaxin.com for making a top 10 worst Muppets list

1000 Eyes and 123Sunny like this.
  6. 123Sunny

123Sunny Active Member

I tried I really did, but I cant seem to think of a Muppet who I don't at least really like....:smirk: Some I didn't care for at first but I love them a lot now so...

7. TheMuppetFan

TheMuppetFan Member

That's exactly what I was thinking as I was typing my comment.

123Sunny likes this.
  8. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

I agree; my least favorites would have to be the Muppet Babies, but all others I just totally love.

9. TheMuppetFan

TheMuppetFan Member

I did like the Muppet Babies scene from MTM, but was never a fan of the animated series. There are some episodes that I like, however.

10. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Gladys the Lunch Lady
    J.P. Grosse
    Fleet Scribbler
    Mr. Poodle Pants
    Granny the Gouger

11. TheMuppetFan

TheMuppetFan Member

Oh. I forgot that some Muppets Tonight characters did not lead a very pleasant feeling, in my opinion including

Mr. Poodlepants
    Bill the Bubble Guy
    Clifford
    Digit

(And, yes, I am aware that most of these characters were in the Jim Henson Hour. And, how do you not like Fleet Scribbler?)

heralde likes this.
  12. LamangoNumber2

Fleet was so negative. Even Jerry Nelson and the writers didn't like him.

13. TheMuppetFan

TheMuppetFan Member

Yeah. Well, in that way, I can see why you dislike him. But, I kind of liked him. But, then again, I still haven't watched those episodes in 2 or 3 years with Fleet Scribbler in them.

14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

IIRC, it wasn't so much that Fleet was a negative character as he was just really abbrasive and aggressive: he was supposed to be poke fun at nosey reporters who are always invading people's personal space to try and dig up a scoop on them, but I believe it was that kind of personality is what turned off the writers, despite being really popular with the British press.
    Dude, if we're gonna go that route, what about Penelope Penguin? Gah, I've never been so annoyed by a Muppet before in my life, I wanted to strangle that thing!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  15. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

Personally, I liked Penelope. Perhaps not one of Sesame Street's more likable one-offs, but adorably immature and nutty. Then again, that episode was the only recent episode of Sesame Street I ever got a chance to see, since it was playing at the hospital once and nobody ever bothers to put new SS episodes online, to my knowledge, so I can't judge proper.

Besides, there is one Sesame one-off that is truly the most unlikable, even though he wasn't actually on the show, but instead a game based on it:
    [​IMG]
    Sure, Cooper is a nice looking Muppet, Ryan Dillon is a good puppeteer, and it's pretty neat that they were able to motion capture a Muppet, but he is truly irritating and high pitched, more so than Elmo or Murray have ever been. Unless you've already played the game, just look up any gameplay video on YouTube, even if it has commentary, and you'll see what I mean...

16. 123Sunny

123Sunny Active Member

oh good i'm not the only one who liked Penelope.

17. LamangoNumber2

Well, it's more then ten: A bunch of characters from Muppets Tonight I could live with out
    Bug Llewelyn
    David Hoggselhoff
    Dorothy Bovine
    Dr. Pain
    Ernest Pleth
    Ernst Stavros Grouper
    Jean-Dodd van Clamme
    Moo-Ing the Merciless
    Bart, Moo-Ing's cow Henchman
    Mr. PoodlePants
    The muppets tonight houseband minus Jowels
    Craniac
    Captain Pighead
    Snorty
    Snookie Blyer
    A.Ligator
    Bill the Bubble Guy
    Larry

18. LashHolstein

LashHolstein New Member

I agree on most of these, some I'm slightly indifferent on. I actually like Dorothy and Jean-Dodd's designs though. Especially Jean's.

19. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The stepsisters from HEY CINDERELLA! They have the same problems Drtooth always complained about regarding Season 1 SST AMs: out-of-focus eyes and dead expressions, not to mention they're not really Don's best work, I think. And I'm guessing the special didn't have enough of a budget to get Frank and Jerry microphones, because their voices sound like they're coming from under the floor.