The 7D Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw the leaked preview episode, and all I can say is this.

I can expect no less from former Animaniacs writers and producers, and it blew away my already high expectations. In other words, I thought it would be good, but didn't think it would be even better. But the biggest surprise was Kelly Osborne. She's... good. She's very good as the show's villain. I didn't even realism it was her until I read the credits.

Other than that, I read this was supposed to be a Playhouse Disney show, and it does have some younger audience elements to it. They read the titles aloud for example. I guess they decided it was a little intense or something, and that's a shame, since it goes to prove that their Playhouse shows are getting good by doing their own thing and not just ruthlessly copying Dora. I caught some of Sophia the First, and it was GASP!!! watchable!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think it's an okay show, from what I've seen. The voices are really good (I also had no idea that was Kelly Osborne either, or that the mom from Good Luck Charlie was the queen).

It's not as funny as I would expect from the Animaniacs team; they abuse the rule of thirds in a manner not unlike Fairy OddParents, but here, it's not very funny ("Kissy noises?!"). I don't like how the animation is so inconsistent; the first episode for example - the first segment is traditional animation, the second one is Flash (which I didn't really pick up on until mid-way through).

mr3urious

Reaction score
I don't like how the animation is so inconsistent; the first episode for example - the first segment is traditional animation, the second one is Flash (which I didn't really pick up on until mid-way through).
It manages to look and move no differently in Flash, which is extremely impressive. There are some subtle differences in the way the inbetweens are animated in the 2nd episode, but other than that, it's the same thing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If that's the case, I'm quite impressed with it. Wonder if it's Toon Boom.

Still, I gotta wonder why this didn't make the cut for Playhouse Disney. It's for more of a younger audience than Wander, Gravity Falls, or Phineas and Ferb, but it seems not young enough to be with Jake and the Pirates. Though it's probably just a might older than the demographic Sophia is targeted to. Seems almost like the boy equivalent of that show, actually.

Though I also wonder about Doraemon. Seems some of the changes reflect a younger audience, but one that's younger than most XD shows. But that's another thread already.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score

Still, I gotta wonder why this didn't make the cut for Playhouse Disney. It's for more of a younger audience than Wander, Gravity Falls, or Phineas and Ferb, but it seems not young enough to be with Jake and the Pirates. Though it's probably just a might older than the demographic Sophia is targeted to. Seems almost like the boy equivalent of that show, actually.

Though I also wonder about Doraemon. Seems some of the changes reflect a younger audience, but one that's younger than most XD shows. But that's another thread already.
Disney always uses Toon Boom, they only have used Flash for one show so far that was bomb called Motorcity (shame also, because that all made in the States).

mr3urious

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Toon Boom is more or less the same software, though it's supposedly more suited to traditional frame-by-frame stuff.

Drtooth said:
Still, I gotta wonder why this didn't make the cut for Playhouse Disney. It's for more of a younger audience than Wander, Gravity Falls, or Phineas and Ferb, but it seems not young enough to be with Jake and the Pirates.
Just like with ChalkZone, I feel.

Disney always uses Toon Boom, they only have used Flash for one show so far that was bomb called Motorcity (shame also, because that all made in the States).
That and Randy Cunningham.

Titmouse is one of the best studios when it comes to using Flash. They actually made an engine that allows you to manipulate 2D Flash objects as if they were 3D. :smile:

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Toon Boom is more or less the same software, though it's supposedly more suited to traditional frame-by-frame stuff.

Just like with ChalkZone, I feel.

That and Randy Cunningham.

Titmouse is one of the best studios when it comes to using Flash. They actually made an engine that allows you to manipulate 2D Flash objects as if they were 3D. :smile:

Agreed, and wait!?!?, Randy Cunningham is animated in Flash?!?, I thought it was animated in Toon Boom like the rest, huh, you learn something new every day.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm liking those little Office/Modern Family-style interview segments some of the episodes have. Not something that's been done before on a cartoon, at least not often.

mr3urious

Reaction score
No doubt someone will try to make a turnip, lemon rind, pepper, and sauerkraut cracker recipe for real. Sounds as interesting as that cookie recipe from Arthur.