The "Adventure Time" Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
As for the latest episode. Jeez! Max Charles is in everything. I can't unhear Harvey Beaks when he's in an episode of something. He's like the hardest working child actor in the animation industry.
That kid really is spreading himself thin. He's the star of at least three major shows as of late. :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
That was a very bizarre episode last night. It looks like they surprised us with another guest-directed ep. with a crude squiggly style reminiscent of the Nickelodeon short.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love these guest director episodes, especially when they get avant garde like my favorite of the bunch, Food Chain. They had a huge gallery premiere in Japan for that one because it was directed by Masaaki Yuasa. Love that guy's other stuff, by the way. I found the Water Park one pretty cute and comic book back up story-like (the AT comic specifically that also features guest artists). This one reminded me sort of the Comic Book storyline where they meet Adventure Tim and all of Finn and Jake's acquaintances have some odd counterpart. Though I'm still wondering if Princess Purple's mustachioed little blob is supposed to be Gunter or LSP. Anyone else sort of reminded of Yoshi's Island in the art style?

As far as the last few weeks go, Broke his Crown is another perfect example of how Ice King started out as a wacky villain and became a heartbreaking character ever since the reveal of the "Holly Jolly Secrets" episodes, and he keeps getting even more depressing in these kinds of episodes. Love that he's at least reunited with his original girlfriend at least in his mind. Also love how it's revealed that's how Finn sees the Ice King when he had those cursed eyes. He's just Simon, to which Ice King still finds himself a nerd.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I liked seeing some extra backstory from Lady Rainicorn and her homeworld. And because of this, this is the first time her dialogue is subtitled, along with her species-ist ex-boyfriend.

Named Lee!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Notice that one of the Rainicorns who wanted to get the Crystal sandwhich was played by Fred Stoller. In other words, Chuck, the Evil Sandwich Making Guy.

Or in Bob's Burgers turn, Tina in an episode with the sex shop owner.

Maybe it's a Bob's Burgers bias, but my two favorite of Jake's kids are Jake Jr. And TV. Shame they didn't get to go the trifecta and get Eugene Mirman to play one of his kids. But I hear he's New York based, so that's probably a reason why. Add to the fact that Mr. Pig is Ron the assistant health inspector.

Really wish they'd get Jon Benjamin to do a voice for the series at some point. But he doesn't do much kid's programming unless it's something from Soup 2 Nuts.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, it looks like Adventure Time and Regular Show are back to airing on Thursdays.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Saturday thing wasn't exactly a smart idea. Families tend to go out Saturdays, and a Saturday Afternoon slot isn't going to gain many viewers unless the weather is terrible.

That said, loved the cameo from Lemongrab last episode. Also nice to know that Grob Gob Glob Grod isn't Dead. There's a good joke about a terrible movie in there, but I don't want to make it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not only did they manage to get a Fionna and Cake episode out, it's also a 5 Grables episode. Only done exclusively with Ice King's fan fiction with the connection being absolutely poor and troll logic-y. And pointed out by the episode's title.

I especially liked the cameo by Cuber at the end

mr3urious

Reaction score
Kind of a lost opportunity to have Dante Basco voice Flame Prince as an actor allusion. Also liked the (perhaps unintentional) allusion with Cake making flapjacks.