The Alligator King and his 7 Sons

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
What exactly takes place in this clip? It is obviously in tribute to the number 7 but how does it all go?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Basically he tell his sons he's feeling down which ever of them can cheer him up will get to wear his crown. 1st one I can't remember, the 1st one but 2nd one another son brings him these statue of girls that have clocks on them, 3 sons brings him rubies and the king's dumb enough to think they're cherries and breack 7 of his teeth 4 one bring 7 lemon drops and says he can't eat them because of the ruby inncident. Even though you're reallly supposed to suck on them. 5th son brings him 7 jars of perfume and the king sniff them,turns blue and breaks out in spots. 6th son brings him 7 diamond rings that he wears on his toes, the king trips on the rug and falls. the 7th son doesn't have anything but helps his father up after the fall and that was enough for him to have his son wear the crown.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It sounds like it's such a funny clip. Can anyone provide a bit more detail please?
Perhaps you may know of a link to the lyrics or has anybody found a copy on that you.tube site?

Ziffel

Reaction score
That's a great classic clip. It is on youtube. Just put "alligator king" in the search box and it will be the first one listed. :smile: The lyrics are very clever throughout the skit, and the final lines from the King to his seventh son are hilarious!

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks also. I love that cartoon and I haven't seen it in a long time!:smile:

SesameMike

Reaction score
Ever notice that this sketch has a reference to smoking, albeit a kinda subtle one? Think about it. Mighty rare for the show.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes that's true perfume smelling like cheap cigars LOL

Anyway it's interesting to see that the7th son not only gets to wear the crown but that the king has a wig attatched to it and also his mustache is fake. So he gives them to the lad as well

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
SesameMike, I never actually picked up on the subtle reference to smoking, so it's funny you should mention that! I assumed, however, that the lesson was not only to teach about the number 7, but to explain that helping others is more important than material things.

~Dana~