1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The (Animated) Adventures Of Ernie and Bert

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by IgorPonweed, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I think it's because it's only the two characters and not all of the characters. If it were ALL of the SS characters you can bet a whistle we'd all be complaining.

It's kind of like the animated Big Bird sequence at the beginning of FTB, it was in his imagination. This way, anything that happens to Ernie and Bert may or may not have to be real, so if we don't like it (HA!) we don't have to accept it. Or somethign like that...
  2. muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I think this would be really interesting to see. I like the concept. Plus, I hear that Ernie and Bert are quite popular in Europe (mostly in Germany)

I think it's because it's only the two characters and not all of the characters. If it were ALL of the SS characters you can bet a whistle we'd all be complaining.

It's kind of like the animated Big Bird sequence at the beginning of FTB, it was in his imagination. This way, anything that happens to Ernie and Bert may or may not have to be real, so if we don't like it (HA!) we don't have to accept it. Or somethign like that...

Well, there is always YouTube
  3. Drtooth Well-Known Member

WOW! So this is actually going to happen! I thought it would go back with America's Next Top Muppet, The Fox program, Muppet Haunted House, etc. TO be fair, this would have been the first one that SW would have canned before it was even started.

And no plans to bring it to the US? Is sprout still around? That would work there.
  4. AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

This seems really interesting to me--of course, I'm a little biased, since :p and :( were always two of my absolute favorites. I used to make people call me "Ernie" sometimes. It's nice to see them trying a new format, a new medium, even though it won't feel quite right without the puppets. Still, if they capture the essence of the characters, it should be fine. I hope these make it onto YouTube!
  5. anytimepally Active Member

anyone know if Steve and Eric are doing the voices?
  6. DTWolf Member

Any word on WHY they're not currently planning it for U.S. release?

Do they think the U.S. is too Elmo-fied to accept Ernie and Bert? Or are they afraid this would compete with Elmo? Are the segments too short for PBS release (i.e., shorter than a half-hour show)? Do they think kids would be confused by having two different Sesame-related shows? Are they worried this will restart the ridiculous "are-they-gay" debate?

I'm curious.

Anyway--all that aside, I suspect eventually these shorts will get U.S. release, if only on DVD.
  7. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I don't think it could be too short to garner interest because the "Clone Wars" cartoons were originally 1 minute or less and were very popular.
  8. JEANYLASER Member

I can't wait to see the animated Adventures of Ernie and Bert.
  9. Rustin Allison New Member

This looks really cute! Can't wait to see them in motion!

Rustin Allison
  10. SSLFan Well-Known Member

This would make a great recurring segment on Sesame Street. Anyone agree?
  11. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Wonder why THEY didn't think of that, SSLFan?
  12. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Ah, yes.... but then the fans would complain about it "What's all this crap?" and they're replace it with something that REALLY doesn't work in 3 years... like Journey to Ernie.

If they're less than a minute long, I wonder why they can't show it between shows on PBS.... They have random cartoon shorts (usually pretty bad ones) already in between the shows.
  13. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Hey, I liked Journey to Ernie!
  14. GelflingWaldo New Member

15. Ilikemuppets New Member

Great! I really can't wait to see this series!
  16. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

That DVD is look more worth watching!
  17. IgorPonweed New Member

Great! Now they won't just be down under!
  18. Erine81981 Active Member

Thanks Greg. I was sure hoping to hear some more about "The Adventure of Bert and Ernie." This is going to be one awsome DVD. I looks to be like something i've seen on Youtube but it's from the German version of Sesame Street where Ernie is the Newperson and sends Bert out to see what's going on. Sorry. I'm rambling again.
  19. Drtooth Well-Known Member

GReat! I could actually see buying the disk to finally see these. I'm so glad this project actually came out, and didn't go back in the mothballs like Muppet babies CGI and America's Next Top Muppet. Seems that SW is trying to get all the projects they proposed in a row. We just had that long time of hearing nothing period.

Actually, I was saying that it would have been replaced by something inferior, like JTE was replaced by Time to play. But thankfully that was a one season thing.
  20. Erine81981 Active Member

Sorry off subject but Drtooth who's on your avatar?