The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Jim, you're awesome. That is all I felt needed to be said.

Well, okay, it isn't. I have a question. It's about Rowlf. Lately, I've noticed a very big push to get him back into the reigns of a main Muppet character again. I love this. Is this a concious effort? Or did it just sorta happen?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Oops. I thought that you were a writer for The Muppets Wizard of Oz, but I just checked the Muppet Wiki page for that movie, and you weren't listed a sa writer.

Marky

Reaction score
Finally! I get to praise "It's a Very Merry..."!

Mr. Lewis, I think that the aforementioned special is the best Muppet project since Treasure Island. It had the irreverance and zaniness which were key to carry the Muppets into the next decade.

It's also my own belief that had JHC not sold the guys to ABC/Disney, and NBC had struck while the iron was hot, the Muppets would have a platform on which to do their thing, instead of flopping around in France while we don't even get a Season 2 dvd set!

Great book, by the way. My son gave it to me for Christmas. I love the ties to the old days, nice job.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hey Mr. Lewis, I have a question for you!

I was re-reading Before You Leap for about the twentieth time, and more than once I was struck by the heartfelt innocence and optimism that your words brought to me. My questions are this (and I'm sorry if someone else has asked something similar, it's hard to keep up!):

In a world where CSI's and murder mysteries are the primetime entertainment (and the occurence of family entertainment is slowly going down), how do you keep in that same heartfelt feeling and optimism in your writing?

Also, do you feel that the positive and fun attitude in your writing is genuine and comes from you? In other words, do you identify with the messages that you communicate in your fun, simple way of writing, or is it simply that you are portraying the characters that you have to write for?

Beauregard

Reaction score
In a world where CSI's and murder mysteries are the primetime entertainment (and the occurence of family entertainment is slowly going down), how do you keep in that same heartfelt feeling and optimism in your writing?
We must be in synch, you and I, Pepper. I was thinking of this same kind of question just yesterday. How do the Muppets stand up to that?

dabauckham

Reaction score
Here's a quick double-question for Mr. Lewis:

Thinking back to all of your writing projects, of which project are you the most proud and why? Also, which project do you feel came the most short of what you originally envisioned?

And one other (forgive me if this was already asked): Do you have a favorite Muppet movie and/or classic Muppet Show episode, and if so what are they and why do you like them so much?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, we've got nine questions, though some have asked more than one question.

dabauckham

Reaction score
Yes, I'm sorry I asked so many. :embarrassed: Dwayne, feel free to just post my first one, if it seems like it's too much. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, don't worry about asking lots of questions. It brings variety, and, hey, you won't get answers if you don't ask the questions!

I do have another question myself.

Jim, when writing 'Before You Leap' were you influenced at all by Kermit's previous book 'One Frog Can Make a Difference'?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
hey guys sorry about all this i have some bad news. My comp has totlay crashed and i am having to use the library now. I dont know how or when i will be abel to send more questions to Jim, but i will try. I think your questions have been wonderfull so far and keep it up.

P.S If anyone has a computer they arent useing that works and can be on the net let me know. My job dont pay me much so i cant just go right out and buy a knew computer. I have four kids a wife and myself to take care of frist. Im sorry guys i really am.