The "Back 2 School" Thread

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I hate college so far. There's no one to talk to. No one to even say a simple "hello" to. Everyone keeps asking me: "so, are you making lots of new friends?" and I think: Of course not! Look who you're talking to right now! I hate the fact that I'm such an introvert, but I don't know how else to be, and sometimes I really enjoy it....
S'okay, I'll probably be in the same boat in 2 weeks. I'll be your friend! **hugs** Really and truly.

Squeegee, don't you worry, high school is a really small gene pool and when you get out in the real world, you will find people like you with the same interests and it will remind you that you are wonderful and there is nothing wrong with you just because you aren't like them. It's better to be individual anyway. And you and I would definately have gotten along in high school :big_grin:

MuppetNewsgirl, I hope your roomie search and job search both work out. :smile:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I start my sophomore year on the 5th and I can't wait. I got one of my favorite teachers ever for English (I had him in seventh and eighth grade, too, it'll be awesome to be in his class again :big_grin: ), I have someone who is hailed as one of the best teachers in the school for Earth Science and I have my math teacher from last year for computer programming and he's just awesome. I hope it'll be as great a school year as I hope! :zany:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
S'okay, I'll probably be in the same boat in 2 weeks. I'll be your friend! **hugs** Really and truly.

Squeegee, don't you worry, high school is a really small gene pool and when you get out in the real world, you will find people like you with the same interests and it will remind you that you are wonderful and there is nothing wrong with you just because you aren't like them. It's better to be individual anyway. And you and I would definately have gotten along in high school :big_grin:

MuppetNewsgirl, I hope your roomie search and job search both work out. :smile:
Just moved in for the start of the semester. As it stands at the moment, I don't have a roommate, so I have the room all to myself. And let's face it, it has some very substantial perks and a few downsides. On the up side, I'm not tripping over other people's stuff, and I'm not going to be kept up late at night by computers, tubes and stereos...and yet on the other hand, since I've had roommates for the last three years, it just feels kind of weird having a room to myself.

Cecilia5

Reaction score
finished up my first week back. I am incredibly exhausted.
3 and a half months to go until the semester is over!

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I start school (second year of community college) on Wednesday. My schedule goes like this:

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays:
9:00-9:50-Modern Dance
10:00-11:40-Color theory
12:00-12:50-Intermediate Algebra for Liberal Arts

Tuesdays and Thursdays
8:00-9:15-History of African Americans since the Civil War
9:30-10:45-American Gov't
11:00-12:15-Intro to Physical Anthropology

I still need to buy my textbooks and update my student ID. I may end up getting my books after classes start, though.