The Baker Falling Down the Stairs Series

ssetta

Reaction score
They used this series as late as 1980? I was actually told that the reason they stopped is because they thought the baker falling down the stairs would be a bad influence to young kids.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I have the #8 clip on one of my famly tapes, which dates back to '86.

mikealan

Reaction score
Are there any falling baker series clips here online?

mikealan

Reaction score
the number of desserts

Maybe you'd find out what dessert was right in each series. Here we go...

1- 1 Wedding Cake
2- 2 Chocolate Cream Pies
3- 3 Birthday Cakes
4- 4 Root Beer Floats
5- 5 Pumpkin Pies
6- 6 Strawberry Shortcakes
7- 7 Banana Cream Pies
8- 8 Raspberry Pudding Pies
9- 9 Coconut Custard Pies
10- 10 Chocolate Layer Cakes

Hope these are right!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by ssetta
They used this series as late as 1980? I was actually told that the reason they stopped is because they thought the baker falling down the stairs would be a bad influence to young kids.
Yeah... nothing throws kids into fits of chaos and anarchy like a guy triping over his own two feet.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I have a new theory: maybe, just maybe, the baker could have been played by Don Sahlin. Think about it - Don had a mustache around that time, and Jim was the one working the camera ... :wink: Make sense?

Splurge

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
I have a new theory: maybe, just maybe, the baker could have been played by Don Sahlin. Think about it - Don had a mustache around that time, and Jim was the one working the camera ... :wink: Make sense?
Ooohhh.... I like that theory. Of course, I always thought that was a false mustache attached on, to make the fall-guy (pun not intended) to look extra classy. That could always be applied whether one has a mustache or not. It does facially look like it could have been Don.

I have a theory that Kermit Love is in some of these clips, particularly as the professor ("10 triangles"). Kermit didn't have a beard then, but he would have had plenty of time to grow one later.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
ssetta said:
i'm pretty sure the films were used after 1980 becasue i rememeber seeing them after that. i wonder why i never saw the 1 film matter of fact i never saw SS deal with the no.1 why not? i never recall seeing the 10 indians. only 10 bells. i don't think there was anything bigotted about it. i wonder who some of the actors who were in those films. the guy in the 8 film with the 8 clocks looked like Benjamen Franklin didn't he? i wonder who was the photographer with the 6 cameras?

ssetta

Reaction score
I recently found out the last this series was used was in Season 19, which was the time that lots of stuff was last used.

Splurge

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
i wonder who some of the actors who were in those films. the guy in the 8 film with the 8 clocks looked like Benjamen Franklin didn't he?
See, that's the guy I think is Kermit Love. Without his beard, of course.