1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Baker Falling Down the Stairs Series

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mikealan, Dec 11, 2002.

1. mikealan New Member

1-One Wedding Cake
    2-Two Chocolate Pies (Seen on #1, #406, #796, and #926)
    3-Three Birthday Cakes (Seen on #1)
    4-Four Root Beer Floats
    5-Five Fancy Fruitcakes
    6-Six Strawberry Shortcakes (Seen on #43 and #1095)
    7-Seven Pumpkin Pies (Seen on #43)
    8-Eight Raspberry Pudding Cakes (Seen on #2226 (original version))
    9-Nine Coconut Custard Pies (Seen on #2477 (i think))
    10-Ten Chocolate Layer Cakes (Seen on #54 and #83)

I just thought the baker series end in Season 19 until they showed #10 on the SS 35th anniversary special The Street We Live On!
  2. ssetta Active Member

I know! I couldn't BELIEVE it when I saw that! In fact, I almost fell down on the floor!
  3. mikebennidict New Member

you know i've been wondering lately who were many of the people in those films? i recall watching a special on PBS many years ago about Jim Henson and his works and their was mention that he was in the 3 film jugging 3 balls witch was the opening to the film and his children were in them. at least the kids who was at the restaurant and was served with 3 peas. don't know about others of course many of the adults and kids did more than 1 segment. i wonder who the photographer was? was he with the N.Y. Times or another well known person? also there were some segments of the films were mostly the kids didn't pronouce things right. 1 of them was that colledge professor with the 6 squares. sounded like he said 6 squells, something like that. the girl who says 6 flying things, you hardly hear her say 6. in the 7 straws one, the kid sounds like he's saying 70. last odd part with the 7 ducks, you can hardly see the girls face. now i'm not trying to bash anyone who were in those films years ago, but especially with the pronounciation of words, why didn't take notice of it and correct it right away? it's important for the youngsters know how to pronounce stuff as well.
  4. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Kids...pronounce.... what the shell are you talking about? Obviously the "professor" has a thick "stuck up smart guy" accent. Besides, these old films are hard to hear because they are... well... old.
  5. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Hmmm. I remember seeing the baker series when I was a kid which was in the 80s. I really don't remember one about 'one' though. Come to think of it, when I watched the show, I don't think they ever had 'one' as the number of the day. I could be wrong though.
  6. GeeBee New Member

One is the loneliest number.
  7. Mikealan,

Was that all that was shown on #1? I thought there were always five different things shown on each segment, plus the baker carrying the desserts.
  8. Is that all that was shown on 1? I thought there were always five different things shown on each segment, plus the baker carrying the desserts.
  9. roadrat15 New Member

Off on a slight tangent here, but . . .does anyone remember an animated counting skit where Cookie was number 17?
  10. rjschex New Member

Absolutely! I have that one on tape. It's (unofficially) called "Cast of Charactors" (sic)

1: deflated
    2: yanked into ground
    3: falls backwards into water
    4: slides when ground is tilted
    5: popped with pin
    6: grabbed away with hook
    7: shatters
    8: carried away by eagle
    9: overinflated until it bursts
    10: bowled over
    11: banged together and shattered
    12: pushed away by bulldozer
    13: closed up in backhoe
    14: pounded by mallet
    15: squooshed by foot
    16: crushed by falling tree
    17: devoured by Cookie Monster (in his voice!)
    18: under a falling safe
    19: dynamited
    20: shatters after feather falls upon it

At the end, the announcer says, "Today's cast, in the order of appearance, were the numbers 1, 2, 3...19, and 20." The numbers appear in a slow credits crawl; note that at the top, "characters" is misspelled!
  11. ssetta Active Member

Which episode(s)?
  12. briguy@netplus New Member

cast of characters

Do you know where I could get it on tape please ? Thanks !
  13. briguy@netplus New Member

Do you know where I could get this animation on tape, or do they still show it on the Sesame Street shows ? Thanks !

Absolutely! I have that one on tape. It's (unofficially) called "Cast of Charactors" (sic)

1: deflated
    2: yanked into ground
    3: falls backwards into water
    4: slides when ground is tilted
    5: popped with pin
    6: grabbed away with hook
    7: shatters
    8: carried away by eagle
    9: overinflated until it bursts
    10: bowled over
    11: banged together and shattered
    12: pushed away by bulldozer
    13: closed up in backhoe
    14: pounded by mallet
    15: squooshed by foot
    16: crushed by falling tree
    17: devoured by Cookie Monster (in his voice!)
    18: under a falling safe
    19: dynamited
    20: shatters after feather falls upon it

At the end, the announcer says, "Today's cast, in the order of appearance, were the numbers 1, 2, 3...19, and 20." The numbers appear in a slow credits crawl; note that at the top, "characters" is misspelled![/QUOTE]
  14. ssetta Active Member

No they don't show this anymore.
  15. Teankun New Member

I know they showed the baker skits well into the 80s.

SS had a parody of "Sneak Previews" (Siskel and Ebert got started) called "Sneek Peek Previews" which was hosted by Oscar and Telly. Ernie and Bert were watching the "episode" when they reviewd the "#10 Baker bit" After the show, Enrie comes into the apartment with one single stack of ten chocolate layer cakes. Bert got really worried as Ernie was losing balance then the stack fell...and stayed together becasue they were fake. Bert was not amused at Ernie's joke.
  16. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Hmmm. I remember that one. Though it's been years since I saw it.
  17. Scottiei New Member

I've been thinking of these number skits for years...I LOVED watching them back in the 80's when I was a kid.

Does anyone...anyone...have a copy of these skits on VHS that would be willing to send me??????? I have the Baker #10 skit from the SS 35th anniversary episode, but would love to have one or more of the remaining series.

I'd be willing to pay just about any $$ (within reason of course) to see these skits again and relive my childhood ;) . I wish Sesame Street (or Noggin or whoever) would show these once again!!!

Please e-mail me or post here if you can/wanna help me out. I would be forever greatful!!!

e-mail: scottiei@earthlink.net