The Best and the worst season of the "NEW" SS

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What do you think is the best season and the worst season of "The New Sesame Street".

For me, from my personal opinion, the best season is season 34. From my personal opinion, the worst so far, has definetely been season 35.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
What do you think is the best season and the worst season of "The New Sesame Street".

For me, from my personal opinion, the best season is season 34. From my personal opinion, the worst so far, has definetely been season 35.

I'm sorry, but what are you considering to be "The New Sesame Street"?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"The New Sesame Street" began in 2002, SS's 33rd season. At this time, Sesame Street had gone through some major changes in more ways than one. The changes were

1. New show format (ie-Main street scene, then various inserts such as Journey to Ernie, etc)
2. Trasitions (the cubes that appear on the screen with Sesame characters in them)
3. Set changes (the entire set went through an extreme make over, Big Bird gets new doors, the doors of 123 were painted red, the arbour was kind "fancied'' up, Fix-It-Shop became Mail-It-Shop

to name a few.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
"The New Sesame Street" began in 2002, SS's 33rd season. At this time, Sesame Street had gone through some major changes in more ways than one. The changes were

1. New show format (ie-Main street scene, then various inserts such as Journey to Ernie, etc)
2. Trasitions (the cubes that appear on the screen with Sesame characters in them)
3. Set changes (the entire set went through an extreme make over, Big Bird gets new doors, the doors of 123 were painted red, the arbour was kind "fancied'' up, Fix-It-Shop became Mail-It-Shop

to name a few.
yeah i was aware of the changes. just never heard it officially referred to as the "New Sesame Street". I personally, don't like change #1 (on your list). I thought the old idea was good where the street scene was broken up through out the show. but oh well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, here's a run down of what I consider Best and Worst

BEST
  • Global Grover, and the new rebirth of the character thanks to Eric Jacobson
  • They use "Do the Rubber Duck" a couple of times
  • As of the last 2 seasons, more parody elements into the show
  • Trash Gordon. I did like the original "sesame Street is brought to you by..." but who am I to resist a Super Hero parody?
  • "What's the Name of that Song" DVD
  • Nostalgic merchandising
  • 2 Headed Monster in JTE

Worst
  • Monster Clubhouse and Hero Guy. I know the former is gone, but the latter is still once a season. Both skits were unmemorable, and repetitive. Elmo's World at least has it's moments
  • the old JTE, before the change
  • The new Format, cutting into other segments
  • as of the last 3 seasons, less episodes ordered
  • The Dvd release of "the Street we live on" having the best parts cut out
  • One number, one letter

zanimum

Reaction score
BEAR said:
yeah i was aware of the changes. just never heard it officially referred to as the "New Sesame Street".
Officially, "The New Sesame Street" was a syndication name of Sesame Street on one or two channels.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It was also the name on the ads of Sesame Street Magazine back in 2002.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I also really dispise the "Do the veggie dance" and "Do the Fruit dance"... basically as much as I hated the season 33 "da letter N! n, n da letter n" songs....

SSLFan

Reaction score
BEST: Season 37

WORST: Season 38

lol. back to back

:big_grin:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
BEST: Season 37

WORST: Season 38
I actually thought season 38 was one of, if not, the best season since the format change. I liked a lot of the plots, it gave us Chris who's awesome and it's fomrta was looser, allowing more segments to be put in.

I also like season 36, mainly segment-wise. They showed TWO Grover/kid sketches from the 1980's.