1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The best Muppet moment ever!

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Smiley, May 27, 2002.

1. Smiley New Member

I'm curious as to what the best "Muppet Moment" is. I really like the finale to MTM. What's your vote?:p
  2. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I like the end scene of TMM best as a group scene, but there really is no better image to me than Kermit strumming his banjo out in the swamp.
  3. Salmoto New Member

I know alot of people say this, but I think it's the closing number to the Harry Belafonte episode of The Muppet Show. ("We come from the fire, we go to the fire.") I think it was one of the skits that Jim Henson himself loved. Even Statler and Waldorf got into it. That's really saying something.
  4. radionate New Member

Well, just to re-establish what a huge dork I am, I have to say "Saying Goodbye" from the MTM.

For me, that song means more to me then almost any other Muppet song out there. I guess its sticking out in my head more these days, as my college friends are all graduating and moving to the big city! sniff. The lyrics just kind of resonate, and hit home right now (for those of you wondering, yeah, I've been crying all day - I think bawling or sobbing might be a more appropriate term - as my best friend left town today). Blah! :(

So that's my vote!
  5. dlphntat New Member

I always liked the episode of Muppet Show when the Electric Mayhem did "get by with a Little Help from My Friends" with Janice as the 'virgin sacrifice', and as they walked off the stage Kermit said "All right pagans, nicely worshipped!"
    I still giggle everytime I think of it.
  6. BoyRaisin2 Active Member

There are a lot of great moments. One that sticks out to me is when the Muppets sing "Just One Person" in the finale of "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson."
  7. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Ooooooh!! That's a good one! How could I forget that one. I always liked Gonzo's poignant moments on the show as well.
  8. radionate New Member

I had forgotten about those too.

What about Gonzo singing "My Way" on the The Muppet Show when it was supposedly his last episode?
  9. Grandmaster C Member

I've always loved the one shot from The Muppet Christmas Carol where Kermit (as Bob Crachet of course) standS in the street and looks up at the sky with the shooting star flying by.

I though that was a cool little shot, in fact, I wish I had a vidcap of it.
  10. Link Hogthrob New Member

Muppet Movie

I sort of liked the whole "Kermit in the desert" scene in which he reflects on his trip so far with the ending of him looking up at the shooting star....

Kind of like Grandmaster's idea, but I like this scene better because Kermit is ACTUALLY Kermit....a concept that a few Muppet movies didn't quite grasp :)

Jim
  11. GuySmiley New Member

So difficult to choose, but my absolutely favourite song on the Muppet Show was 'Kermit in the Hospital Bed' - whenever I hear it I can't get it out of my head...

Doctor! Is there nothing I can take?
    I say, Doctor!
    To relieve this flipper ache?

Ahh...classic.

I, too, also love the final shot of TMM as the camera pulls back to reveal the huge crowd scene....

Guy
  12. radionate New Member

My mother recently told me that she used to hate that song but now smiles on the rare occasions when she hears it. Why? Because appearently when I was little, I used to go around singing it non stop for days on end! Ahhhh, how easily we were corrupted by the Muppet Show!

Does anyone know who originally recorded or wrote the song by chance?
  13. Jackie New Member

It's like when he looks at the shooting star in The Muppet Movie...
  14. You do have such good taste. :) ;)
  15. GuySmiley New Member

radionate - I'm not sure who did 'Lime in the Coconut' originally - but it was written by a guy called Harry Nilson, and seems to be the 'song that made him famous' although I've never heard of him.

"Now let me get this straight! You put the lime in the coconut..........."

Guy!
  16. Grandmaster C Member

Well, I've only seen The Muppet Movie once a long time ago so I don't remember that exact part whereas I've seen Muppet Christmas Carol countless times, so therefore I remembered it more.

My apologies. :rolleyes:
  17. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Eeeek! My favorite Muppet film - the first one. If you have the chance, see it again. The DVD treatement is pretty cool with a little bit of extra stuff. You should check it out or rent it if it's available. I really feel it is the heart of the Muppets. :D
  18. Grandmaster C Member

Oh, don't get me wrong, I plan to watch it again, and hopefully even buy the DVD at some point. Of course, there's plenty of other DVDs out there that I have to buy too, so we'll see what happens. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't seen Muppets From Space yet. ;)
  19. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Actually Muppets From Space is really skipable IMHO. If I weren't such a fan of the Muppets I would likely be much more harsh on the film. Pepe was really cool in it though! :)
  20. Ryan New Member

When I think of the BEST moments, a few come to mind:

In no particular order:

The Fraggles saying goodbye to Doc and Sprocket (It was done so beautifully and was so heartfelt)

Gonzo singing "My Way" (same reason as above)

Peter Ustinov ep. version of "Bein Green"

The Muppets Hosting The Tonight Show

Mr Hooper's death episode

Mahna Mahna

The Muppets singing "Just One Prson" for Jim

Kermit singing with Robin in MCC (walking down the street)