The Best of British Film Comedy

BlueAM

Reaction score
I found this video called "The Best of British Film Comedy", a reissue of a 1977 film called "To See Such Fun". It's VERY hilarious. It features excerpts from over 80 years of the greatest British comedies, from the 1920s to the 1970s.

It has many of the greats: Peter Sellers, Marty Feldman, Margaret Rutherford, Benny Hill, Eric Idle, Tony Hancock, Spike Milligan, Frankie Howerd, Terry-Thomas, and many, many others.

So, does anyone else know about this? If so, please share your thoughts with me.

Thanks, and jolly good luck!

BlueAM

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I think I remember seeing it originally a longgggggggg time ago on tv.I would definately get a collection like that.I love all those genious actors.I miss the lot of them.<sniff> Least their funny moments are preserved for us to see.Thanks for posting this.

BlueAM

Reaction score
Nice point of view there, JaniceFerSure, old chap!

In it, they play scenes from "I'm All Right Jack", "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", and "The Belles of St. Trinian's", as well as the Goons' short "The Case of the Mukkinese Battlehorn".

Some mad, mad, mad, mad highlights:

Max Wall doing his thing
Stanley Lupino (Ida Lupino's dad) breaking into song and his use of Groucho Marxian one-liners
Tony Hancock on his bike
George Formby playing his banjo
Alistair Sim talking on the phone to Joyce Grenfell
Ronnie Barker filling out cement
Marty Feldman dressed as a bishop ("Who do you think I am with this stick, bloody Bo Peep?")
Margaret Rutherford doing, well, her thing!

How does all ths sound to you guys?

BlueAM

BlueAM

Reaction score
Monty Python fans alert: Ray Millichope, editor for MPFC, edited the film.

Frank Muir (We Have Ways of Making You Laugh) did the opening and closing narration ("Professor, overture, please!").

Do any of you other guys know about this film, even though I asked already?

BlueAM