The Big Comfy Couch.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Anyone remember this show? It told the story of a clown named Loonette, and her doll and best friend Molly (who had tought bubbles with pictures of what she thought of). Every episode had Loonette either curious about he world (where baby clowns come from), to trying to solve a problem (Molly only wanting to eat donuts.) She lived next door to her Grandma, Granny Garbonzo, who loved gardening, and talking about her life in the old country. Granny had a cat named Snicklefritz that is quite hilarious to watch sometimes. They always got a visit from their mailman Major Bedhead, who rode a unicycle and brought packages for Miss Loonette the clown from Aunty Macassar a world traveling clown that gave her niece presents from where's she's been. In later Macassar was replaced by Loonete's Uncle Chester. Also Molly makes friends with the Dustbunnies. Loonette however doesn't believe such creatures exsist! I love this show and still have my Molly, Loonette, and Dustbunny toys! If you haven't seen it, look it up online, and share with the youngsters in your life. You evne may get a couple chuckles with it.
Anyone else have pleasant memories of this show? Do anyone of you folks remember a particulary entertaining episodes? Please share them hear!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lemme say, I'm not one of those guys who normally says "X ruined my Childhood" or confesses to childhood toon crushes... but it killed my childhood when I found out the woman who voiced

and

was the main clown!

Seriously... she was a BETTER Lydia Deetz than that hack Wynonna Rider! And that's like the ONLY good movie Wynonna did.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lemme say, I'm not one of those guys who normally says "X ruined my Childhood" or confesses to childhood toon crushes... but it killed my childhood when I found out the woman who voiced

and

was the main clown!

Seriously... she was a BETTER Lydia Deetz than that hack Wynonna Rider! And that's like the ONLY good movie Wynonna did.
And again, she was also Ruthie the farm girl from FTB.

But anyway, nobody hear at MC likes BCC, but I did... I'm sorry, but I did like it, I don't know I just did... it entertained me as a kid, and I didn't question why, I watched it whenever it happened to be on... it was a regular fixture on my local PBS at least up until 1999 or so, then it was never seen again.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
And again, she was also Ruthie the farm girl from FTB.

But anyway, nobody hear at MC likes BCC, but I did... I'm sorry, but I did like it, I don't know I just did... it entertained me as a kid, and I didn't question why, I watched it whenever it happened to be on... it was a regular fixture on my local PBS at least up until 1999 or so, then it was never seen again.
I thought I was the only one! I actaully didn't know Alyson was Ruthie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You don't like Edward Scissorhands?
You know... I haven't seen it in so long, I forgot she was in it. I guess she was pegged to become the it star of Tim Burton movies, much like Johnny Depp. But unlike Johnny Depp, she's quite terrible.

I was a little too old for it. My sister watched it... I mean, I can still appreciate current kid's shows now... somehow I'm a savant at it. I watched some of Wow Wow Wubzy, and found it pretty entertaining... but there's something off about BCC that just didn't jive with me. Maybe that stretch out on a clock thing that makes absolutely NO sense... maybe it was the start of the highly structured kid's show... maybe I've never really been able to appreciate clowns that aren't Krusty, Binky, The Joker, or Captain Buggy. I dunno... it has a style of it's own, I give it that.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
You know... I haven't seen it in so long, I forgot she was in it. I guess she was pegged to become the it star of Tim Burton movies, much like Johnny Depp. But unlike Johnny Depp, she's quite terrible.

I was a little too old for it. My sister watched it... I mean, I can still appreciate current kid's shows now... somehow I'm a savant at it. I watched some of Wow Wow Wubzy, and found it pretty entertaining... but there's something off about BCC that just didn't jive with me. Maybe that stretch out on a clock thing that makes absolutely NO sense... maybe it was the start of the highly structured kid's show... maybe I've never really been able to appreciate clowns that aren't Krusty, Binky, The Joker, or Captain Buggy. I dunno... it has a style of it's own, I give it that.
Ok! Her performance isn't exactly the best part of that movie, but she's tolerable in my opinion.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I liked Big Comfy Couch. i can't say I remember much about the show. Its one of those things that I just remember watching it and enjoying it, but I don't really have memories of the show itself

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I liked Big Comfy Couch. i can't say I remember much about the show. Its one of those things that I just remember watching it and enjoying it, but I don't really have memories of the show itself
You can look it up on Youtube if you want to remember it. You know that reminds me since you like Adventures in Wonderland, how I knew those two episodes and liked them, but thought until a few weeks ago I made them up.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The only thing I remember is a story of a boy who wanted juice in a supermarket and drinks all of it then has to pee really bad