The Big Comfy Couch.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yeah that was a good one. Loonettte alwaays told Molly and the viewers a story.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have ONE episode on a very old tape that had a theme about clothing... it was the beginning of fall, and the idea was about dressing appropriately for fall weather, since fall isn't hot, but it isn't cold either... I'd have to look at it again, but I recall Loonette basically wore her signature outfit with a sweater vest over so the vest would her warm, but if she got too warm, she could take it off... meanwhile Molly dressed up in a bunny suit with a bathing suit over it so if she got too hot, she could take off her bathing suit (and apparently Major Bedhead had the same idea but instead dressed in an elaborate ensemble that included a sweater, a fur coat, a scarf, and a snorkeler's googles).

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I have ONE episode on a very old tape that had a theme about clothing... it was the beginning of fall, and the idea was about dressing appropriately for fall weather, since fall isn't hot, but it isn't cold either... I'd have to look at it again, but I recall Loonette basically wore her signature outfit with a sweater vest over so the vest would her warm, but if she got too warm, she could take it off... meanwhile Molly dressed up in a bunny suit with a bathing suit over it so if she got too hot, she could take off her bathing suit (and apparently Major Bedhead had the same idea but instead dressed in an elaborate ensemble that included a sweater, a fur coat, a scarf, and a snorkeler's googles).
Tha's righ! Oh Molly you're a lot smarter than me today!

♥AnimalFan♥

Reaction score
I use to watch this show all the time when I was younger. My favorite character is and will always be Major Bedhead. I also liked Aunty Macassar too. I stopped watching it when they replaced Aunty Macassar with Uncle Chester.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I use to watch this show all the time when I was younger. My favorite character is and will always be Major Bedhead. I also liked Aunty Macassar too. I stopped watching it when they replaced Aunty Macassar with Uncle Chester.
I started to dislike it when Loonette was recast!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Then again, this was a Canadian show, and our PBS "imports" of these Canadian shows weren't always consistent with the original production orders... for instance, Wimzie's House was produced for two "seasons" for CBC, with over 100 episodes or so, but our PBS imports only contain like a little over 60 (I think) over the episodes, randomly broken up into three "seasons".

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't remember her being recast :confused:
Wikipedia has the answer... seems that it had a large break in production after 1996, and a revival in 2002 and another after that, where Loonette was recast.

D'Snowth hit the nail on the head. This IS a Canadian show, and often times, Canadian shows that don't do well in the US continue to be produced for a Canadian audience. Like the Third season of Ned's Newt that Fox Kids never broadcast.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That explains a lot... like I said, after it stopped airing on my PBS by like 1999 or so, I never saw it again... I've never even seen these remake versions, so this is all very new to me.