the borg

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
okay, if any of you guys have watched startrek, you know that probably the baddiest of the bad of trek enimies are the borg.

as you may or may not know, the newest trek show called enterprise is about 100 years before the original startrek show with kirk and scotty and spock etc.

however, next weeks episode, which is all new, shows what happened about 100 years after the events from the movie star trek first contact. some researchers go into the artic, find the remains of what i think is part of the borg sphere that came back in first contact to assimalte earth. there is also a few borg drones that are frozen but still alive. after the researchers thaw out the 2 borg drones, the come alive and assimalte the researchers and their ship, and have to fight off the enterprise to either get back to the space where the borg are or maybe go to the future to the 24th century.

question i have for those of you who care is, why are they going back to the borg? the story seems interesting, but i thought after voyager, there would be no more borg. guess i was wrong. do you think the writers don't know what they're doing?.....

ryan

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
you and my brother.....

ok my thing is most of the fans go oooh the borg...I believe one episode is okay...but if they start really just going to the borg they will lose lots of viewers

Sarah

last weeks episode was freaky:eek:

Beauregard

Reaction score
It is sooooo not fair, like I don't have a TV lisence (well Mum and Dad don't) so I can't watch Sta Trek so I have to wit for them to come out in book form. Archer is my favorite captain and I am waiting for three of his books to come from the library, but no borg. I saw about this episode yesterday and I am like, Whah, I want to see that!!!

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Well, look at STAR TREK: FIRST CONTACT; look at Section 31; look at 7 of 9's parents; STAR TREK has proven that they can do some awesome things with the timeline. I don't think ENTERPRISE will lose many, if any, viewers if they do an episode with the borg every now and then; that just means three out of six starfeet captains have encountered them :smile:
(If you know starfleet lore, you'll understand why I say six captains... )

Beauregard

Reaction score
Why do you say six?

And on that note, who is your favorite captain? My favorite is Captain Archer. (Though I have only seen one and a half episodes of Kirk, two movies and an eposode with Picard, and only one with Archers too!!!)

somethingofafan

Reaction score
In the unaired "Star Trek" pilot, there was a captain Pike. Scenes from the pilot were later used as flashbacks in one of the episodes.

Of course, when you count all the other captains who have piloted ships other than the main one for each series, or the crew members of the original series who were promoted to captain during the course of the movie series, the number goes up considerably.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I personally don't think the Borg are the badest bad guy. I like the Romulans. They're very sneaky. They're bad.

Originally posted by Beauregard
And on that note, who is your favorite captain?
My favorite will always be Cpatain Benjamin Sisko (2nd would be Archer). Sisko was a bad dude. I could see him and Shaft hangin' out together. DS9 was my favorite Star Trek series, and I just really liked the character of Sisko. How he had so many real, personal problems to deal with, plus the problems of the galaxy waying down on him. I just love Avery Brooks as an actor. He's very versatile, and gives one heck of a dramatic performance. He deserved an Emmy for what he did in "Far Beyond the Stars..."

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i just read a spoiler on what happens when enterprise meets the borg...it sounds like another voyager episode to me...if you guys want to know what happens go to www.trekweb.com

personlly, i never liked sisko. i thought he whined to much. he was always so tough and serious and never knew how to be relaxed. in the beginning when deep space nine was being created, sisko was described as having the best qualities of picard and kirk. however, during the course of ds9, sisko was more interested in the war with the dominion and never opened up to his crew. ira behr, the guy who ran ds9, always said that picard was a cold fish. however, i think sisko was the one with no real personailty. atleast picard opened up to the crew; sisko only opened up to jadzia and ezri dax. i know sisko was busy with the dominion war, but atleast try to be plesant with your crew and more importantly, your senior officers....

ryan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The reason I liked Sisko over Picard is, the entire TNG cast is so 2-dimensional. They aren't well-built characters, when you think about it. TNG focused more on alien-of-the-week, or phenomenon-of-the-week than their characters. Although, they did focus on their story-lines, which adds to it being a good show, so did DS9. And DS9 had all the well-rounded characters. The 3-dimensional characters. Characters that could work on different levels. And Sisko was that way. He was concerned with his crew, but he also had himself and his kid to worry about.

My favorite thing about DS9: When Picard and his crew finishes a mission, whether they win or loose, Picard always seems to be happy at the end when talking to his crew. There's always a moral. (that didn't ALWAYS happen, but it happened too often for my taste) When Sisko and them finished something, at the end, Sisko went to his office all stressed out, glad it was all over.

I realize now that my entire post makes absolutely no sense.

Oh, well...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
sisko was always in his office! i wonder what he was doing in there..hmmm...! haha..bad bad thoughts......

sisko did work well in ds9 because of the environment and situation he was in. i just don't think he would have worked well on a regular starship that was exploring space. he's more of a military leader...to bad he wasn't in command of the defiant in first contact; he would have been great since how the borg took his wife way!

ryan