The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

dwayne1115

Reaction score
*Raises hand. Hi, I have a question for Mr. Louis. It was mentioned in the article written/posted by Joe Hennes on www.toughpigs.com on September 9, 2008 that puppeteer Jane Gootnick is the one responsible for the recent appearance of the Swedish Chef's wedding ring. Exqueese me? When did the Chef get married? And who's the blushing bride? Did he provide catering for his own ceremony?
Also, along the same lines... There was a Muppet Show moment where Kermit talks to Sam, and the eagle confesses he's been married, and doesn't like to talk about his children... His daughter is dating an owl and his son left college. What more can you tell us about these? Are they characters that might get turned into actual Muppets at any point in the future?

This'd be great fanfic fodder. *Hint hint Prawny.
Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions and I hope you have a good day. :halo:
Well hey there Count is this your first time asking a question here?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Alrght as a please forgive me for not sending all the questions that should have been sent in the first batch. Here is the rest of the story. Now, there are still some questions that have been posted that have not been sent. Don't get down they will be sent very soon, and please keep these questions comming. ENJOY!

Asking Jim part 2
Jim answers part 2

1. From Jimjudy: :If you ever wrote something for the Swedish Chef?

Yes, I write for the Chef. Words. Approximations of what I think he might sound like. It’s up to Bill Barretta to turn them into comedy genius…and he does, yoobetcha.

2. From Dwayne: You seem to have really been thinking a lot about Scooter due to the answer on him, Are you and others working towards bringing some of the older Muppet such as Scooter, Dr. Teeth Rowlf and others that have not been in the spotlight in some time back. With that are you going to have to change there make-up or personality to fit with todays audience?

I think we always look for a way to give all the characters their moment…and more if the situation and story warrant it. The Muppets are this incredible repertory company, and you want everyone to get their shot. That said, I don’t think their personalities will change; rather, they react as themselves to today’s situations, thereby making them contemporary and relevant to today’s audience.

3. From Togetheragain: I've seen this adorable little picture of Rowlf and Robin sitting at a piano looking at sheet music, and I was wondering if there's ever been any sort of initiative to explore that particular frog-dog relationship? ...And I think I'll stop my Robin-related questions there, at least for now, before I get too extraordinarily carried away. He's my favorite, see... Anyway, thanks for taking the time to answer the crazy fans, Jim! It's very much appreciated.
Hey, I’m crazy, too…and don’t you forget it. Not that you could. Rowlf and Robin. That is an interesting combination. They’re both easy-going pure souls, watchin’ the river flow types. Thanks for the idea. I shall put that in big letters on the dry erase board of my mind.

4. From Ryan: Pertaining to Pepe's new book, "It's Hard Out Here for a Shrimp," one, I can't believe he's getting to write one--especially before Piggy! How great for him (unless Miss Piggy gets to him...). He must have a GREAT publicist! How'd he pull it off? Second, is Pepe referring to himself as a shrimp in the book title? Or was that an executive decision by Kermit or the editors? It seems to me Pepe would not be very happy being called a shrimp, but I don't know him as well as you do! And this one is one that not only Ryan would like to know but I'm sure a lot of us would inculding myself.
Pepe has a very good publicist, okay. It is Pepe. He’s irresistible, as well as unbelievable! As for the title: good catch. Pepe explains the reason he went with that title in his introduction. It is, of course, in his own best interest.

And one more tiny little thing that's been bothering me... In the first "Studio DC: Almost Live," who performed Floyd and Janice? Do you know? Can you share? I heard a rumor that Jerry Nelson came back to dub Floyd's line. And also, if you can share, who performs Scooter in the next special? Thanks Jim
I’m not sure on Floyd (though I’m pretty sure you’re right)…and as for Janice. I know, but not sure I can say. Check the credits, figure it out and I bet you’ll guess right.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
...*opens mouth to respond* *closes* WOW. Jim... you ROOOOOOOOCK! ! ! I can't say that enough... THANK YOU! *needs to see the credits for Studio DC again!* I am SO intruiged by Pepe's book now (PLEASE, as if I wasn't before!), cannot WAIT for it!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Hello Jim! TogetherAgain here again. I don't have a question this time--at least, not that I can think of yet--I would just like to thank you for being so awesome and giving us these utterly fantastic answers that... you have probably heard me squeal in response to. I think I have impaired the hearing of at least half of my residence hall... Hm, which WOULD explain why people have been playing their music louder... And I sincerely pity my roommate. And I sincerely NEED to glomp you. <GLOMP!> ...Oh, and in case you're wondering, your comments regarding Janice's voice are driving Prawnie crazy--erm... crazier. Quite entertaining from my perspective. So, from the bottom of my utterly ecstatic heart, THANK YOU!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ha ha i know when i first read the Janice answer all i could say was AWWWW!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
ha ha i know when i first read the Janice answer all i could say was AWWWW!
Hahaha I've been sitting on YouTube trying to figure it out... and my conclusion is... I dunno. I think it might be David Rudman--that's my most prominent guess--but I could also see it being Bill, maybe. Or even Steve.

Quite frankly, I have no idea, and yes, it is driving me crazy. :stick_out_tongue:

I'm gonna go with David Rudman as my final answer though, Regi--erm... Jim.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If thats the case and it is David then wow! He might be going to work with the classic Muppets more then on Sesame Street. When i stop to think about it he does have a close sound to some of Richard Hunt's voice, and he was really close to Richard. So i don't know.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
If thats the case and it is David then wow! He might be going to work with the classic Muppets more then on Sesame Street. When i stop to think about it he does have a close sound to some of Richard Hunt's voice, and he was really close to Richard. So i don't know.
I dunno either... I hope we'll find out at some point. :stick_out_tongue:

My next question for Jim, however!

Jim, do you still stay in touch with Kevin Clash? I figure that since he performed Clifford on Muppets Tonight you'd be pretty close to him. Has he ever expressed much interest in reprising Cliffod for some of the newer productions? Or is he just way too busy with Sesame Street to even consider that? I know he was pretty heavily involved from 1996 to around 2002 when VMX aired. I'm just interested since Clifford is one of my favorite characters.

And as you've heard, this Janice's performer thing IS driving me nuts... Ah well, probably as you intended it! Speaking of which, while we're on the topic... who's YOUR favorite Electric Mayhem member? Mine's Floyd--with Dr. Teeth falling in a VERY close second.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I dunno either... I hope we'll find out at some point. :stick_out_tongue:

My next question for Jim, however!

Jim, do you still stay in touch with Kevin Clash? I figure that since he performed Clifford on Muppets Tonight you'd be pretty close to him. Has he ever expressed much interest in reprising Cliffod for some of the newer productions? Or is he just way too busy with Sesame Street to even consider that? I know he was pretty heavily involved from 1996 to around 2002 when VMX aired. I'm just interested since Clifford is one of my favorite characters.

And as you've heard, this Janice's performer thing IS driving me nuts... Ah well, probably as you intended it! Speaking of which, while we're on the topic... who's YOUR favorite Electric Mayhem member? Mine's Floyd--with Dr. Teeth falling in a VERY close second.

I had the same sort of question about Cilford, but you worded it better.