The breakfast cereal thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's a treat. Japanese breakfast cereal commercials obviously produced in the west. This is for a Japan exclusive breakfast cereal called "Kombo," and features a large gorilla named (of course) King Kombo. I have his Kubrick figure somewhere, and love the mascot's design. They TOTES should bring that sort of thing over here.

And for the heck of it, a Japanese Frosted Flakes with Tony the Tiger.

Still manages to say they're "GURAITO!!!!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's another Japanese "Corn Frosts" ad. After seeing so many Tony the Creeper ads they have made recently, I was actually thrown by how dynamic he was here.

Why can't we have that instead of being at some girl and her father's house at 4 Am to watch Soccer?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This reminds me of something I saw not too long ago that down in Australia, they scrambled Snap, Crackle, and Pop's designs in terms of their wardrobe and hair colors. . . . I guess it's like what they touched on in AUSTIN POWERS:

"AIEE! IT'S GODZILLA!"
"No, it looks like Godzilla, but due to International Copyright Law, it isn't."
"STILL, WE SHOULD RUN LIKE IT'S GODZILLA!"
"Though it isn't."
"AAAAAAAAAHHH!!!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I recently picked up the Jif PB&J Crunch cereal, and I have to admit I was actually amazed by it. So many cereals claim to taste like something and they either barely do or not so much. But because of the corn and oat makeup, the thing tastes exactly like a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich, bread included. I'm impressed. Not quite as great as Batman's chocolate/strawberry cereal, but one of the best ones I've had recently.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe I just picked up a bad box, because I thought the stuff had no real flavor to it.

Thomas Young

Reaction score
I adore Reese's Puffs - overloaded with Hershey's chocolate and peanut butter. And Kellogg's Special K is just plain awful.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The strawberries one is the only one I've found to taste somewhat decent; otherwise, I don't think I've come across any other Special K that tastes good.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe I just picked up a bad box, because I thought the stuff had no real flavor to it.
Maybe. Then again, the bowl I had this morning wasn't quite as peanut buttery as it first was. Supposed I left the milk on it too long.

I adore Reese's Puffs - overloaded with Hershey's chocolate and peanut butter. And Kellogg's Special K is just plain awful.
Special K...eh... it's basically what happens if you take soggy Rice Krispies and pound them into flakes and dry them out. I don't hate them and for some reason I enjoyed them in those little multipack little cereal things as a kid. I did like the more recent one with little chocolate pieces, but...eh.

You know, those Kombo things from Japan (the thing with the blue/green gorilla) sound good. Corn flakes with chocolate sprinkles. Kinda wish they tried them here.