The breakfast cereal thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I've had Count Chocolate, didn't care for it too much... Boo Berry was okay, never tried Frankenberry though, and actually never heard of Fruit Brute.
Fruit Brute was probably the only cereal in the history of breakfast guaranteed to turn your milk a day-glo shade of orange. Trust me, it was ghastly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Fruit Brute was probably the only cereal in the history of breakfast guaranteed to turn your milk a day-glo shade of orange. Trust me, it was ghastly.
I don't know about ghastly, there's been plenty of cereals over the years that turns your milk different colors (not counting all those cocoa cereals that turn your milk brown).

Hayley B

Reaction score
Reading about Fruit Brute. I keep wondering how the lime flavored marshmallows tasted. I kind of wrinkled my nose on the thought. I normally don't like lime favored stuff. But cereal and one soda (Sprite). I've been ok with lime.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I don't know about ghastly, there's been plenty of cereals over the years that turns your milk different colors (not counting all those cocoa cereals that turn your milk brown).
Yes, I know different cereals can turn the milk different colors, but Fruit Brute was LOUD orange, like visible-from-space orange.

On one little tangent, while Kellogg's also promoted Pop Tarts, in the late 60's/early 70's they also marketed another toaster pastry called Danish Go-Rounds. I remember them (the cherry was fantastic!), but unfortunately they fell by the wayside. This was really too bad, because I think they were far better than Pop Tarts. Trouble was, because of their size and shape, they tended to get stuck in the toaster quite a bit. I'm sorry most of you never got a chance to try one (the last time I had one, I was about five!), I feel like you missed out, and I just miss them. (sniff!) Maybe maybe MAYBE someday, somebody in Battle Creek, Michigan, will get nostalgic enough and bring them back. They're way overdue.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I use to buy Quisp online. Luckily there is a local supermarket named Redner's in Delaware that sells Quisp. But yeah, I thought it tasted the same as Cap'n Crunch.

Nifty! I dearly miss Quisp! My all time fave. Also dearly love Cookie Crisp and Boo Berry/Count Chocula (always reminded me of Morgan Freeman's Dracula on Electric Company)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I am eating Lucky Charms at this very moment.

They got new star marshmallows in different colors.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
The only cereal I've eaten consistently I think is CocoRoos (the off brand version of Cocoa Puffs)I love those things. A bag will last me months.

I used to experiement with cereals some as a kid. I was never a cereal eater though so I never really developed a favorite. I know I used to eat Rice Krispies and Kix from time to time, then I realized that I had more fun making sugars piles on the stuff and watching the milk seep into it than actually eating the cereal. I tried Captain Crunch and Lucky Charms but I never liked the flavors of them.

I also like to make pinhead oat porrige. It's great on chilly mornings :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Reading about Fruit Brute. I keep wondering how the lime flavored marshmallows tasted. I kind of wrinkled my nose on the thought. I normally don't like lime favored stuff. But cereal and one soda (Sprite). I've been ok with lime.
They usually taste like the Starburst/Lollipop versions of anything... so it's probably more sugary than anything with a very subtle flavor that the corn doesn't totally overpower.

I rarely drink the milk the cereal leaves behind unless it's expressly chocolate. I've been using less and less milk in cereals, actually... but the stuff that turns the milk weird colors... I miss that. It usually just turns gray with most things, if there's a turn at all.

They need to market a Star Wars cereal that makes your milk Blue.