The Bronx Bunny Show - Adults

Luke

Reaction score
Did anyone else in the UK see this new puppet show that debuted tonight on 'E4' ? It was called "The Bronx Bunny Show" and I have to say FANTASTIC !

It's a spoof of an American cable access TV talk show featuring these two really rude puppets. They supposedly host this show on Channel 69 in the Bronx and the whole show has been shot on location there. It's supposedly (they say) an adult educational show but it's really a funny, rude, smutty inuendo ridden half hour thats just brilliantly done. Kinda a cross between Greg The Bunny and Meet The Feebles. I have to say it's the way adult puppetry should be done, puts Greg and others to shame. The guys behind the show are 'ZZ Enterprises' - the same people who do Zig & Zag.

The show is hosted by a Rabbit and a Panda. The Rabbit is the smart one and the Panda is the kinda clueless character. In the first show they had a guy on from that MTV stunt show who got out his erm 'private parts' and tried to staple the panda puppets 'parts' to a coat rack. They had a female doctor from ER who the panda dropped his pants in front of to get an opinion. He did a dream sequence where he was hosing down bikini girls. Tons of swearing and stuff.

The thing that I would imagine is really going to get some backs up were Sesame Street spoofs. The show was in the can a while back so maybe Sesame Workshops lawyers have been involved already. They did letters of the day where topless babes curled their body in the shape of the letter with a very Sesame type voiceover. There was some other Sesame-esque stuff too - a foreign phrase which turned out to be a rude one and an animation about the human body. They are doing that to get it over as an adult education thing.

I talk about it like I approve of this kinda stuff which of course is *cough* not true (gotta keep my family image up) but the writing was very good. It wasn't just being crass for the sake of it and exploiting puppetry if you know what I mean. Anyway some (clean) pictures of the puppets are up at :- http://www.veraanderson.com/photoalbum/alexx-bronxbunny.htm

It's airing daily in the UK - E4 at 11.05pm so check it out.