The cartoon in "Conservation with my Father"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Something I've been wondering lately: Does anybody know if the cartoon that plays on the TV in the Monsterpiece Theater segment "Conservations with my Father" was an insert from Sesame Street or if it's a different program (probably Sesame Workshop-owned)? I doubt they would have spent time and money to animate a cartoon that only appears on a TV screen on the show.

Something else that I didn't notice until today: The music that plays when the TV is turned on (and I hadn't noticed music in that scene before) sounds like the Rocky and Bullwinkle theme. I wonder if it is the theme or a sound-alike. Or perhaps it's a coincidence, like (I assume) how the original Flintstones theme sounds like "This is It" from The Bugs Bunny Show. I wonder if the music or even the cartoon prevents the segment from being on DVD.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder when that was made. I also wonder if there's any other Flossee and Splatt segments (I did a google search and only found a youtube link and some Muppet Wiki episode pages).

That looks very well-animated for a Sesame Street segment, especially something from before season 25. It's also kinda long for an animated Sesame Street segment (I know the average Teeny Little Super Guy segment was about three minutes long as well, but those weren't fully animated).

But I wonder if the fact that this looks very different from other animated segments on the show is what made them choose this particular segment on the TV in "Conservations with my Father".

As I mentioned in my previous post, during the scene when that's on I noticed the music sounded like the Rocky and Bullwinkle theme (which isn't on the Bullwinkle DVDs), and I don't hear that music in this cartoon (so it must have been added to the Monsterpiece Theater segment). But I guess it must be a sound-alike. If it was the actually Bullwinkle music, Conservations with my Father would probably not still be on sesamestreet.org, though I haven't checked recently (the website has posted a handful of segments in the past featuring copyrighted music, like Monsterpiece Theater: The Sound of Music, which were only on the site for a short time).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, it's definitely the Rocky and Bullwinkle theme. The extended soundtrack version of it specifically. I have no idea why they used it. I'm surprised they even got it cleared.