the cartoons come to sesame street

minor muppetz

Reaction score
seven, seven posts!

here is act seven.

(big bird goes to visit mr. snuffleupagus)
Big Bird: hey, snuffy!
Snuffy: hey, bird! good to see you!
Big Bird: same here. oh, hello, alice.
Alice: hello.
Snuffy: well, whats on your mind?
Big Bird: well, I have been invited to a picnic, and wanted to know if you wanted to come.
Alice: picnic (chuckles)!
Snuffy: oh, I just LOVE Picnics! I'll bring some cabbage and spaghetti, and we'll even invit our new friend, donnie Budd (for those who don't know, Donnie Budd was the name of the fiddle player from songs like "two toucans two-step" and "four lions at my door"). hey, donnie!
Donnie Budd: (shows up) yes?
Snuffy: would you like to go to a picnic today?
Donnie Budd: oh, sure. and i would like to dedicate this next song to two snuffleupagus'...
Big Bird: oh, i don't have time to hear you sing, but i'll see you at the picnic.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
is eight the number of the day?

here is scene 8:

(Zoe is on a game show, hosted by Guy Smiley)
Guy Smiley: and now, you have thirty seconds to name five things you can do outside.
Zoe: oh, you can dance, you can go swimming, you can go on a hike, you can ride a bike, and you can.,... uh, you can,... (struggles to think of something else)
Guy Smiley: so far Zoe has named four things, and has to name one more thing in such a small amount of time. can she name one more thing?
Zoe: uh...
(super grover crashes into the studio)
Guy Smiley: hey, everybodu, it's supergrover!
(the audience cheers)
Grover: and I am cute, too! (sees zoe) oh, hey, zoe, do you want to go to a picnic today?
Zoe; oh, yeah, you can have a picnic outdoors!
Guy Smiley: we have a winnr! Here is your prize, a months supplies of deli meats!
Zoe: oh, boy. Thanks, mr. smiley. would you like to come to the picnic with me?
Guy Smiley: oh, I would love to (looks at the audience) hey, you all can go, too! (the crowd cheers. the audience is revealed to consist of Billy Jo Jive, Susie Sunset, Cecile, the contruction workers from the sketch where there is a man singing the alphabet song inside a lunchbox, the guys from the "I lost my elbows" skit, Cowboy X, King Minus, Wanda The Witch, her pet weasle, and Frances Fairy.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
number 9, number 9, number 9

here is installment number nine.

(Big Bird is at nis nest with bags of birdseed)
Big Bird: well, i've got my birdseed ready. and it is almost twelve o'clock. time for me to go. (Big Bird leaves his nest area and goes. His bags of birdseed then get stolen by the villian from The Villian in The patama hat)
villian: ha ha ha! I've got your bag!
Big Bird: oh, no!
(the villian looks in the bags to see what he's got, but is disturbed to know that it is only birdseed)
villian: curses! foiled again!
(the hero from "the villian in the patama hat" comes out of one of the bags and arrests him)
hero: oh, no, you villian, you're under arrest!
Big Bird: oh, thank you. I'm going to a picnic. do you want to come?
Villian: oh, no, i can't. I have to stop villians. thanks anyway.

(meanwhile, the count is at the park, counting the ladybugs that are at the picnic. yes, those ladybugs are the ones from the ladybug picnic)
Count: 1 2 3, 4 5 6, 7 8 9, 10 11 12, 12 wonderful ladybugs at the ladybug picnic! Ah Ah Ah (lightneing and thunder strikes)
Prarie Dawn: (arriving) oh, we don't need any rain. If it rains, then we can't have a picnic.
Count: no, but at least I can count rain drops. (his watch alarm goes off. we see the watcgh moviong to 12, which resembles the clock from Pinball Number Count).
watch voice: (which sound like the pointer sisters singign) 1-2-3, 4-5,6-78, 9-10, 11-12. 12!
Count: it is now 12 o'clock. Now there should be more people arriving. 1 person, 2 people, three people.....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
ten tiny turtles come to the picnic

here is chapter 10.

(everyone is gathering together at the picnic)

Count: 12 ladybugs, six monsters, one little girl and four number fours, all together that makes 23 guests here! (sees the turtles from Ten Tiny Turtles On The telephone) oh, boy! turtles! let's count them! one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, ten tiny turtles!

(the jester from The king of Eight arrives)
Jester: ladies and gentlemen, here is the king of 8!
(everybody at the picnic applauds)
King of 8: I'm the king of eight, and I brought eight fruit cakes on eight golden plates!
(the quen of six arrives)
Queen of 6: i'm the queen of six, and I brought six strawberry shortcakes!

(Fat Blue starst getting some food)
fat Blue: oh, boy, now this is what I call a lunch! (sees Grover, as himself and not super grover, standing next to him) Oh, no! It's you!
grover: yes, it is me.
fat Blue: don't tell me that you are serving food here.
Grover: that is right, I am not.
Fat Blue: huh?
Grover: Today is my day off,...
Fat Blue: (to himself) he actually gets a day off?
grover: (continued)... so I am only here to eat the food.
Fat Blue: you don't say? well, would you like to eat with me?
Grover: oh, I would love to!

Lefty: psst! hey, bud..
Cookie Monster: who, me?
Lefty: shhh! would you like to have an invisible ice cream cone?
Cookie Monster: invisible ice cream cone? cowabunga! (he eats leftys entire supply of invisible ice cream cones). yum, yum, you got any invisible cookies?
Lefty: No, but would you like to buy a C?

more wacky humor later!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
here is the eleventh "chapter".

(Elmo, Dorthy, Miles, Gabbi, Zoe and Rosita are enjoying pasta salad, nuts, and prapefruit)
Miles: this is too good.
gabbi: this is great.
elmo: oh, look who's here: Mr. Noodle!
all:frown:'cept elmo and dorthy) who?
(mr. noodle brings a bunch of noodles)
Elmo: hey, mr. Noodle, dorthy has a question for you. (listenes to dorthys food bowl) "how do you eat?" good question, dorthy! well, mr. noodle, how do you eat?
(mr. noodle puts a banana in his ear)
bert: no, mr. noodle.
ernie: bananas don't go in your ear.
(mr. noodle then takes a pie, takes his hat off, and puts the pie on his head)
Gordon: no, mr. noodle, pies are not hats.
gina: no, they are not.
Susie kabloozy: thats right.
(mr. noodle then takes some peas and puts them in his pockets)
Prarie Dawn: oh, brother...
Elmo: thats not how you eat.
alligator king: use your mouth.
Count: that's three mistakes.
(mr. noodle finally eats like the way he is supposed to)
all: yayy!!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
12 ladybugs came to the ladybug picnic

chapter 12:

Ernie: hey, bert. I just brought us some apple pie.
Bert: oh, thnak you, ernie.
Ernie: heres one for you.
bert: oh, this looks good, but, uh, ernie?
Ernie: yes, bert?
Bert: yours is significantly bigger than mine.
ernie: oh, well, then, we'll even them out. (ernietakes a big bite of his pie) there! now yours is bigger than mine, but, uh, that's not even. (he eats a bit of berts) oh, no! now mine is bigger. (he eats his pie)

Wanda The Witch: hey, who wants some foods that begin wih a letter W?
All: (talking at once) me/ I do/ gimmie some
wanda The witch; okay. here is a watermellon. (a watermellon magically appears and the alligator kings sons take them) and now here is a white cake. (a white cake appers. Herry monster takes it.) heres are some wild strawberries (wild strawberries magically appear, and the ten tiny turtles take them).

Typewriter guy: (arriving) do-de-do-do-de-do.. (Types and says) P. (types and says) Picnic. P.

Snuffy: (looking around) hey, wheres bird?
Susan: he's probably here.
Snuffy: well, I haven't seen him. as anybody seen bird at the picnic?
(everybody starst talking to each other at once)
telly: (panicking) oh, no! This is terrible! He's probably lost! nobody knows where he is! we'll never see him again...
Gina: calm down, telly. He probably just hasn't arrived yet.
Herry: yeah.
Snuffy: but... how do we know for sure?
Mumford: hey, i can get him here. i know a magic trick that can get him here. A La peanut Butter Sandwhiches!
(a poof of smoke appears, but instead of Big Bird showing up, it rains peanut butter sandwhiches).
Count: one peanut butter sandwhich! two peanut butter sandwhiches! three peanut butter sandwhiches...
Cookie Monster: hey, mumford.
Mumford: yes?
Cookie monster; can you make it rain cookies?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
lucky thirteen

here is edition 13.

(Big Bird has gone to the wrong park. While the park where the picnic was held was live-action, this park is animated)
Big Bird: oh, I feel so lonely here. it's 12:22. I'm hungry. Where is everybody? hmm, you know, they never specifically said which park the picnic was going to be held at. perhaps I should find another park. I hope that I am not late. (he leaves)

(at the other park....)
Guy Smiley: well, now thar most of us have eaten, we are going to have a car race. on your marks, get set, go!
(we see the race cars from the jazzy spies cartoons going first, then zoe in her zoemobile, then the count in his count mobile)
Susan: well, i just went to sesame street. Big Bird is not in his nest, and I checked hoopers store. Alan said that Big Bird left for the picnic five minutes before noon. It shouldn't have taken him more than 8 minutes to get here.
telly: (getting hysterical) oh, no! I was right! big bird is lost!
Gordon: calm down, telly.
Billy Jo jive: yeah, we'll go out and find him.
Rosita: yeah.
Snuffy: oh, I hope we do.
Grover: this looks like a job for Su....per grover! (grover runs off to a nearby telephone booth) yes! it is good to know that even with all the cellphones in the world, there are still telephone booths.

Suzie Kabloozy: come on, feif, let's stop playing checkers and find Big Bird.
Bert: come on, Ernie.
Ernie: yeah, we've got to find Big Bird somewhere.
Wanda the Witch: I'll find him (takes off on her broom stick).
Gina: hopefully we'll find him... soon.

(Big Bird is now walking in the city)
Big Bird: this is a city street. it's not a park. maybe the park is around that corner. (he goes around the corner, but it only leads to another city street) oh, I should have asked which park it is. (he sees the boy from the "loaf of bread, quart of milk, and a stick of butter" cartoon) hey, kid.
litle boy: who, me?
Big Bird: you wouldn't happen to know what park the local picnic is being held at, do you?
little boy: of course! I just went to the grocery store to buy some picnic supplies. I got a loaf of bread, a quart of milk, and a stick of butter.
Big Bird: oh, well, I brought some bird seed, but I don't know what park it is at.
Little Boy: well, the picnic was my idea, and i am late. I will take you there.
Big Bird: oh, that's nice. but tell me, why did you decide to have a picnic today anyway?
Little Boy: because I wanted to meet some new people. Now let's go. it's at the Jim Henson Memorial Park.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! The Jim Henson Memorial park.... OHHHHHHHHHHH!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
14 and still counting

here is chapter 14.

(many of the people at the picnic get ready tp go find big bird. Zoe takes her zoemobile, the count takes his car, susan and gordon go to their car and find that cookie monster has just eaten most of the car)
Gordon: cookie!
Cookie Monster: what?
Susan: you ate our car agan!?
Gordon: haven't you had plenty of food at the picnic?
Cookie Monster: no, me still hungry.
Gordon: then why don't you eat a lamp post or something?

(super grover and wanda the witch fly together in the sky)
Grover: well, do you see him?
wanda the Witch: no, but would you like me to turn you into a Super W?
Grover: (thinks for a moment) sure, but only for a few seconds.
wanda The Witch: okay. (turns grover into a super w)
grover: oh, this is weird, a w word. Now turn me back (wanda does). Hey, do you think you could use magic to help find big bird?
wanda The witch: that might be a bad idea. remember what happened when the amazing mumford tried?
Grover: good point.

(Big Bird and the little boy arrive as the park is less crowded)
Big Bird: we're here!
little boy: sorry we're late.
Bob: where have you been? we just started lookign for you.
little boy: oh, well, i was busy cleaning my room, and there was a long line at the grocery store, and..
Bob: not you, him.
Big Bird: oh, well, you're never going to beleive this, but I went to the wrong park. should we go find the others?
Bob: no, they were told to come back in fifteen minutes, but I can call some of them on their cell phones (starts calling people).

(the counts phone rings. his dial tone is the opening music from the baker films)
count: one! one ring! (rings again) that's two! two rings!

Bob: well, the count didn't answer, but it's a good thing he has an answering machine.

count: thats one! one message!

more to come!