The Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About That!

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Anybody Like This Show, It Is About The Cat in The Hat, Voiced by Martin Short, He does a great job btw, As He Takes Sally and Her Friend Nick, Who Replaced Sally's Unnamed Brother For Unknown Reasons, On Scientific Adventures, Then There's Also The Fact That The Fish Is Owned By The Cat In The Hat Now, Okay, My Flaws On This Show
Replacing Sally Unnamed Brother With A Black Kid Named Nick, Okay What Was The Point In That? And LOL Racism
The Fish Being Owned The Cat In The Hat Now, And Being More NICE Than He Did In The Book Or The TV Special, Okay, I Know This Is A Kids Show, But Now Fish Is Just A Bland Character To Me, And He Was My Favorite Character In The TV Special And Same With The Book

Hubert

Reaction score
This show's alright, but I don't care for it too much. It just feels like it's pushing the limits when trying to educate. When I'm watching Dr. Seuss, I'm not doing it primarily to learn about some exotic jungle animal only found in North Africa.

I just don't think it's executed the way it should be. I'd like to see something a bit more fun while using The Cat and the Hat and company.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I can't stand the show at all. The cat sounds so condescending when he talks :/

Hubert

Reaction score
I just don't know how exactly the show even keeps kids' attention. It's so boring, on and on and on about this and that and...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'll stick with Wild Kratts. Now that is a good show :big_grin:

Hubert

Reaction score
Wild Kratts is a show that I never really sat down to watch much of. I've seen bits and pieces of it, though, and it doesn't look too bad.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm biased towards the Kratt Brothers anyway so...:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just don't think it's executed the way it should be. I'd like to see something a bit more fun while using The Cat and the Hat and company.
They basically used an obscure series of posthumous Dr. Seuss character books that used the Cat explaining science in the typical rhyming fashion. This one seems to favor wildlife a bit, whereas the book series had a whole host of other subjects like the solar system and a Fantastic Voyage bit that discussed the human body. I kinda wish they'd make that jump.

I really love how the Cat is portrayed and I think Martin Short was a wise choice. My problem stems with the wooden children who have a fixed less than one dimensionality and the even more wooden Flash animation. And must we be so repetitive that we need the "Off to Adventure" song twice in an episode with the same animation every single time? That's very off putting.

I agree. The Dr. Seuss characters should have a more interesting show. I wish there wasn't this obvious copyright ban on every other Dr. Seuss character. Imagine an episode discussing various kinds of trees with The Lorax.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
The cat in the hat laughs like Mozart in the movie Amadeus. I agree with Dr. Tooth that the kids are wooden, but I like Cat.

Bridget

Reaction score
Ahh...
I'm not a big fan of this series. Maybe it's because I'm older than the average viewer, but to me it's very repetitive and annoying. In fact, I'd rather watch a whole episode of *gulp* Dora before watching it. But my little brother is obsessed with it!