The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
About the Pee-Wee thing...

I have read several interviews with Paul Reubens in which he says he has two scripts in the works involving Pee-Wee. One will be a "comeback" movie of sorts, in the style of "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure." The other one is going to be a darker, "Sunset Blvd."-like story, which will involve Pee-Wee as a washed-up star trying to make a comeback.

If Pee-Wee does come back, I'll be the first in line. I've been a fan of his since the early 80s, when HBO ran "The Pee-Wee Herman Show," a live concert taped in L.A., co-starring Phil Hartman. The early Pee-Wee was a much more risque character than his movie and TV incarnations. I recently saw the special again for the first time in years, and still found it funny. So I'm all for a Pee-Wee Herman comeback.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not that I generally love sequals, but I adored Mystery Men!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I hope HOPE they don't ruin the Chipmunks with this movie. The TMNT movie was well written and animated, and I liked it a lot. The Garfield movies were pretty good. The Fat Albert movie had such potential, but they ruined it having them come out of the TV (I'd rather had a movie that was just a story, not the cartoons coming out of the TV and alive). Scooby Doo was cool in the first 10 minutes chasing the ghost in the factory, but the rest of it was ruined by the fact that they made a big joke of the campiness of the cartoon; although Scooby Doo 2 was cool because they had all the monsters from the cartoon coming alive.

I hope the Chipmunks' movie is like Dennis the Menace was with Walter Mathau in it, or the first two Addams Family movies, which were all based on the comics, solely on it, and didn't make a parody of what it was about.

PLEASE, whoever is producing/directing this movie, if you see this, give us a really good movie and make the Chipmunks a big deal again. I love them.

Oh, and any word if the Chipettes are going to be in it? (I may have missed it above, and I hope someone is going to say "No Chipettes will be in this movie).

Pee Wee Herman movie? Mystery Men 2? Yeah, I'm going to see them if they're made!

anytimepally

Reaction score
Oh, and any word if the Chipettes are going to be in it? (I may have missed it above, and I hope someone is going to say "No Chipettes will be in this movie).
I know it's the world's most reliable source, but the Chipettes are the only major characters NOT mentioned on the IMDB page.. so take that as you will :cool:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
LOL! I'll take it with a grain of salt hoping they won't.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know that had a dog named Lily or something like that, too?

Well, I don't mind the Chipettes! I guess I just grew up with them so I am used to them. Although, I liked the original The Alivin Show without them. It was just find before they were around, too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know that had a dog named Lily or something like that, too?

Well, I don't mind the Chipettes! I guess I just grew up with them so I am used to them. Although, I liked the original The Alivin Show without them. It was just find before they were around, too.
Lol, yeah by the time I was born, the Chipettes were already permanent fixtures in the Chipmunk world, so it's actually kind of hard for me to imagine the Chipmunks WITHOUT the Chipettes... except for the old "Chipmunk Song" that is, lol.