The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yeah, I also grew up with the Chipmunks when the Chipettes were part of them. I watched it religiously back when there actually were Saturday Morning cartoons! I always wanted to be like Brittany when in truth I was really more of a Jeanette. I had a Jeanette doll for awhile too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I can actually relate to Jeanette a lot but simply because I too can be a bit of a klutz. Other than that, I'm probably most like Theodore: short, shy, and chubby.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I liked Simon, he was so funny as the long-suffering straight man. Lol

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The relationship between Simon and Alvin makes me think of the relationship between Double D and Eddy from Ed, Edd n Eddy, though unlike Eddy, I don't think Alvin was a big scammer... schemer maybe, but not a scammer.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You don't like the Chipettes, Kev? Why?
Growing up, all I ever knew were Alvin, Simon, and Theodore. Then, the cartoon added those three girls, the irritating old woman neighbor, and Uncle Harry (?) to the lot. Didn't like any of them.

I will say if they find a way to use them well, then I'm game for them to be in the movie. It was just irritating to see them always bickering. Why not just work together, y'know?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, you know how youngsters can be: the boys always think they're better than girls, while the girls think just the opposite...

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I still prefer the actual Chippettes voices used in the proper movie. But very cute. Have a couple of tissues Snowthy in case your spit take inevitably has to come.

And by the way I just simply adore Chipmunks and Chippetes.:flirt:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fat Albert is one example. It was OK, but I think it might have been more successful if they'd kept it as a cartoon. They brought the characters into a new situation before today's kids even knew who they originally were! Rocky and Bullwinkle another example, as bad as it could possibly be! They should have stuck with what worked.
You know, I know everyone bad mouthed the Bullwinkle movie, but I think they did a pretty good job with it. Considering how bad Dudley Do-Right turned out. And let us not even begin to count the number of things thy got wrong in the Inspector Gadget movies... THEN incorporated the talking Gadget mobile into the cartoon (though I will say, Gadget's Biggest Case was surprisingly well done).

I hope this gets them to release the show on DVD. Especially the Alvin Show and Chipmunks go to the Movies (Back to Alvin's future kicked shell!)