1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Apr 23, 2007.

1. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Point taken.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I hope they decide on something similar to the "A-A-A-A-ALLLLLLLVI-I-I-I-IN!" Collection, with multiple episodes on 2 disks. That was definately a step in the right direction. A little pricey, but that coulda been due to music rights.
  4. D'Snowth

Lol, when I got mine, it was on sale. $17, lol.

I have a feeling that this will be like "The Alvinnn! ! ! Edition", only instead of being the best of Alvin, it's going to be the best of The Chipettes.
  5. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I was watching the Simpsons season 6 on DVD, the episode called "Bart of Darkness" and one of the people doing the commentary said something about the guy known as Dave Seville that he was in some movie with Jimmy Stewart. I think it was called Last Resort where he's got a broken leg and is watching people out his window or something like that. They also said that he recorded Witch Doctor first then added the Chipmunks but I'm sure you all know those stories. At least Snowseph, our resident Chipmunk stalker, should know.

Daniel
  6. D'Snowth

I wasn't aware of Ross Bagdasarian Sr. being in a movie with Jimmy Stewart (whom Kathy Greenwood LOVES), no, but yeah, I'm sure most people are aware of him recording "The Witch Doctor" before creating The Chipmunks.

I DO know he had a cameo in the WW2 movie Stalag 17.
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

All of this is interesting, but do we know when the movie sequel is coming out?
  8. D'Snowth

We've already told you umpteen times, it's set to be released in 2010. An actual date still hasn't been set, but it's expected to be completed and in theaters in 2010.
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But why so late? Most sequels seem to come rather fast nowadays.
  10. Teheheman

Yeah, the movie was called "Rear Window" He just played a cameo role in the movie as a piano-playing songwriter who composes, plays, and sings a song called "Lisa". The sequel is set to be released on March 19th, 2010 with rumors circulating on Drew Barrymore, JoJo, and Miley Cyrus doing the voices of the Chipmunks. I know people here aren't really happy with Miley Cyrus doing one of the voices(I've read this thread, trust me, I know) but let's not start that argument again.

Daniel
  11. D'Snowth

Well keep in mind, it was actually debated as to whether or not a sequel should really be done, and now that that's settled, there's still a script that needs to be written, and you know it's going to take a while to animate six CGI chipmunks. Animation is very time consuming.

Lol, being typecasted as a songwriter is an occupational hazard when you are one.
    Where did you read March 19? IMDb?
    So far, the only one people are somewhat happy with is Drew Barrymore, nobody's happy with Miley NOR JoJo.
  12. Drtooth

How long was it between Garfield and A Tale of 2 Kitties? Like 2-3 years? I see the same thing happening here. Unless they pull a Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter and film movies back to back, there's usually a pretty decent sized waiting period.
  13. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And as has been pointed out, IMDb is quite unreliable at times.
  14. D'Snowth

At least IMDb's more reliable than WikiPedia. Especially now, considering you have to PAY to use IMDb's services now.
  15. Drtooth

Once again, let's not forget that IMDB once said that Captain Smollet was going to be on VMX....
  16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Too true. I wonder if making sure there was a penalty for purposely modifying what's true for one's own opinion (ex: those dummies modifying the Mr. Rogers wiki to say that the "Fred was a tattooed military vet" rumor was true when in it actuality it is far from the truth) could stop the problems on Wikipedia?
  17. Teheheman

Actually read that on Wikipedia. I dunno how reliable that is, but that's where I read it.

Daniel
  18. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Wikipedia is as unreliable as a stick, because a lot of rumors, half-truths, and outright lies are posted there.
  19. D'Snowth

Like when Sinbad found out someone edited his Wiki article saying he was dead.

Or like how someone posted Ryan Stiles got drunk and shot Colin Mochrie to death.
  20. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Which is why I ask: I wonder if making sure there was a penalty for purposely modifying what's true for one's own opinion (ex: those dummies modifying the Mr. Rogers wiki to say that the "Fred was a tattooed military vet" rumor was true when in it actuality it is far from the truth) could stop the problems on Wikipedia?