The Chipmunks

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
I have some good news and bad news.
The good news is that we're most definely getting a new AATC cartoon series (Ross signed a deal with a Canadian company to produce a new show)
The bad news is...THEY'RE NOT USING THE 80's DESIGNS! (They're using designs similar to the iMunk app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.) and they're going to use full COMPUTER ANIMATION!
Plus, I think that this series is gonna KILL the whole franchise (As if the CGI films didn't do that already, in my opinion)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And who, praytell, is this Canadian company? Cookie Jar?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Never heard of them.

Do you have a link or something you can share your source with? I'm having a hard time finding any information on it myself. The new series that is.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
I just edited my previous post, it has a link to an article which confirms this.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That forum wouldn't happen to be Seville Library would it?

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
No, it's not, The Seville Library is GONE. (DiamondDollJeanette even confirmed it on the other forum called "The Chipmunks and The Chipettes." I'm not kidding, that's the name of it)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Where in the world IS DDJ?! She's ALWAYS dropping off the face of the earth, and it drives me crazy!

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
On the other forum, I just mentioned, but she hasn't been very active lately.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I have her contact info, but it's been over a year since I last heard anything from her, I dunno why she hibernates so much like this.

But, that's getting off topic.

If this new series happens, here's what I'd like to see.

1. Ross and Janice doing the voices again.
2. The characters reflect more their usual personalities as opposed to be changed to appeal to today's audiences.
3. The writing to remain solid and clever (a lot of kids cartoons these days tend to be really watered down)
4. No "Uncle" Ian, if at all possible.
5. Definitely no loser Gary Stu nephew and his Mary Sue girlfriend.