The Chipmunks

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently this new glass slipper release is going to include "The Chipette Story", so that's one more previously unreleased episode being tacked on to an already existing release.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Lately, these new cover art designs remind me more and more of those old-fashioned movie posters that were painstakingly illustrated, as opposed to editing stock photos together like most are these days.

Brittany's huge eyes are a little strange though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Say what you will about these kiddy single disk releases, these covers actually stand out in the video section. That looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm so sick of stock art on minimalistic backdrops.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I have almost all of those new ones and Drtooth is right, they really DO stand out, especially with the slip covers on top. One thing I will never get though is why Bagdasarian doesn't release The Alvin Show. Almost all the songs they used were either Public Domain or songs written by Bagdasarian. They could probably make some money off of splitting the series intro 2 boxsets. Seems like with each new 1980's Chipmunks DVD, we only get 1 new episode. This time it's The Chipettes Story. I'm honestly sick of the 1980's cartoons, and I kinda wanna see the 1960's ones. I honestly see no reasons why it couldn't be released, or even posted on Youtube.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, the problem with YouTube is ever since like 2010 or so, Bagdasarian has really cracked down on people posting Chipmunk content of any kind, so it's really difficult, unless you were to try another site like Dailymotion or vimeo.

But Drtooth has said it many times before, there really isn't a whole lot of excuses for THE ALVIN SHOW to NOT be on DVD, but I guess maybe there really isn't a whole lot of market for it? I don't know, but really, yes, by all means really, there's no reason why a complete series set of THE ALVIN SHOW shouldn't happen.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I'm just saying it probably costs about 5 dollars to make a boxset, and they could sell it for $15. I just thought they could make some money off of it. But I might have to open a Dailymotion Account and post all my stuff there so people will leave me alone.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But Drtooth has said it many times before, there really isn't a whole lot of excuses for THE ALVIN SHOW to NOT be on DVD, but I guess maybe there really isn't a whole lot of market for it? I don't know, but really, yes, by all means really, there's no reason why a complete series set of THE ALVIN SHOW shouldn't happen.
While there is exactly one copyrighted song (Whistle While you Work), that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I guess they don't want to spread out to a nostalgic fanbase, even though virtually every Chipmunks item up until the movie used the 190's characters as a style guide.

Seriously, one set or two. The Alvin Show is a classic and much funnier than the 80's series. Plus, I want to see Alvin push Stanley off the roof again.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
While there is exactly one copyrighted song (Whistle While you Work), that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
It wouldn't be, since it was released on one of the Alvin Show Sing-Along tapes in the 90's. I still need the Working on the Railroad Sing-Along.
Seriously, one set or two. The Alvin Show is a classic and much funnier than the 80's series. Plus, I want to see Alvin push Stanley off the roof again.
You're talking about Stanley the Eagle right? I have that one and a few other episodes. I have a lot of Musical Segments as well. If anyone wants a list of all the ones I have, just let me know.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It wouldn't be, since it was released on one of the Alvin Show Sing-Along tapes in the 90's. I still need the Working on the Railroad Sing-Along.
Well, the rules and regulations were different for VHS back then than they are for DVD today, for some reason... y'know, like those old Buena Vista Rocky and Bullwinkle tapes, they don't feature any of the music or title replacements that the DVDs have.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I am currently downloading some new Alvin Show episodes and hopefully it will work.