1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

The Christmas Toy - what a ruined ending

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by Beauregard, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Shesh, as soon as that tigger began to sing, I knew they would break the films rules, and it would, well, if you've seen it you know what happens. But what a lame ending. Suddeny, magic! Look what happens at Christmas! Bingo! Happy Ending...

Shesh... :cry:
  2. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Yeah, it is a bit anti-climatic.
  3. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

Still it was sweet though.
  4. Beauregard

I thought very much not sweet. Also *spoliers herein* why on earth does the largest toy in the playroom go to rescue him? I mean that horse could be seen from the other side of the HOUSE! Garrrr *spoilers finito*
  5. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

You're assuming these shows follow logic, no?
  6. Beauregard

I'm assuming that if you establish rules at the begining of the film, you stick to them. For example if earlier on they had said that a toy is frozen unless the human shows it enough love to bring it back, then with a cat toy a Toy that is a Cat could bring it back (I.E. Rugby Tiger) but BLAHHHHH other than that, no sense making howmost!
  7. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I understand what you are saying Beau. They just re-wrote the rules at the end and that's not really what I would call good storytelling.